Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom Lake but no splash or swimming  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Archaine

• Members
Custom Lake but no splash or swimming
« on: 20 Feb 2010, 08:10:50 »
I put this in the wrong spot, how do you move a topic or delete it completely?  My apologies, will re-post in O2 addons area.

I am working on an island with a large lake.

I have a nice custom p3d that fits my terrain and the texture looks good.

There is no splash when I shoot it, and you do not go swimming though.

I could not find anything anywhere about where to add these effects. Is this a property of the object in O2, is it tied to the material surface property file (.bisurf), or is it to be somehow designated in the config.cpp?

It is large enough to span several grids, so when your are at one end looking away with a small bit of the lake in front of you it disappears (it thinks the model is no longer in view).  Also I would like to have it visible beyond the range set in graphic settings.

Please any help would be appreciated, have been pulling my hair out for hours on this issue.

Also is there a list somewhere of possible parameters for things like sounds in the bisurf file, ie. hit = "concrete" etc..  I just took one and renamed concrete to water, just hoping it would work   :( it didnt.

Archaine
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2010, 08:22:28 by Archaine »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Custom Lake but no splash or swimming
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2010, 11:32:09 »
I put this in the wrong spot, how do you move a topic or delete it completely?  My apologies, will re-post in O2 addons area.
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

Actually,it would be better not to, we will move the posts in their correct places whenever someone of us spots it, or you could report your own post to a moderator asking it to be moved. :)

Aanyways, this is locked and all replies go here
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.