Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-13 Red Mercury v0.92 (Beta)  (Read 8267 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-13 Red Mercury v0.92 (Beta)
« Reply #15 on: 17 Feb 2010, 18:49:24 »
What do you mean, joining the REAPER (heloteam) or GHOST DOG (infantry)? If you mean GHOST DOG it is an option (radio trigger) and is up to the players. If you mean REAPER I wonder what you would prefer instead? I could easily make a script where the cobra comes to a singleclick position or create a guard WP. Any suggestions?

I only had 2 options, joining the reaper, and Call Close air support.  
I would perfer having only the support helo joining my team. I'm still struggling with the whole helo part, and I  need to play it a couple more times.

This vanishing issue has never happened to me while playing any missions and I wonder if this "bug" only happens on a dedicated server.

I'll pm you my server details so you can try for yourself.

This is a weird bug that I have encountered also on a hosted server AND in other missions. I have no idea what makes this happen. Do you? Has this happened to you in any other missions?

It's never happened to me in other missions. I'm guessing that there is an endmission variable  that maybe enabled or something to someone who's joining in JIP.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 18:52:23 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #16 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:12:56 »
This vanishing issue has never happened to me while playing any missions and I wonder if this "bug" only happens on a dedicated server.

I'll pm you my server details so you can try for yourself.

Not necessary, I of course trust you on this one, really annoying that BIS haven't thought of this  :dry:

AHHH...  :scratch:

A thought. I have two ACMs in this mission, one synced with group GHOST DOG and one with the REAPER helo. Maybe on a dedi the two ACMs are spawning/deleting units without caring about if any actual PLAYERS are there to see it. According to some info I read the spawning and deleting process should care about player presence, but maybe it isn't flawless and if the REAPER helo ACM spawns/deletes units it might not care if GHOST DOG players are present and vice versa...

It's never happened to me in other missions. I'm guessing that there is an endmission variable  that maybe enabled or something to someone who's joining in JIP.

Hmmm...

I always have boolean variables to end a mission (like: goodend = true; publicVariable "goodend") and in this mission the ending is activated in the win/loose outro scripts. As in: endMission "END1".

So, the mission should never end until you have seen one of those two outros... WEIRD  :scratch:

This issue I have never encountered until patch 1.05.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 19:36:40 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 17 Feb 2010, 20:49:07 »
I think you should really try out norrins revive and I think you should add the grass height option and viewdistance options in the mp menu.

Are the objectives , like the laptop in random spots?

I noticed one time while searching for the laptop, during one attempt there were guys on the second story and then in other attempts they weren't there.

We'll giver a go again this evening.
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #18 on: 17 Feb 2010, 22:31:59 »
I think you should really try out norrins revive and I think you should add the grass height option and viewdistance options in the mp menu.

I will definitely consider all that, the reason it's not in yet is time and work really. I need to learn the new param config first, since the old way only allows two parameters, which are already taken.

Are the objectives , like the laptop in random spots?

Yes, both the laptop and Razbolnikov are randomly placed/patrolling, so it is always different.

Look forward to some more ideas from you and your friends. I won't be able to edit for a couple of days, but sometime next week I'll be up and running again.

Cheers and many thanks,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 22:34:32 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline MikDawg

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2010, 22:53:51 »
Hi Laggy, great mission, played it with my clan pals and we had a blast, defused the nuke with only 4minutes to spare  :D, we called it a successful mission even though it did end only for the guy who defused the bomb  ???  The rest stayed it in game and when it came to the detonation time we all got the red chain of death from server, shame - I was looking forward to the explosion as I have never seen it in Arma2.

Also we had reckless UH-60 pilot who got his tale rotor shot and went to the USS KHAN to see it is fixable and returned with F35  :D

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2010, 14:45:45 »
Thanks for the positive words MikDawg  :)

The mission only ending for the disarmer is really weird since the end trigger (outro) is started by a publicVariable  :scratch:
Did the other players not even see the outro movie?
I have also tested this mission on a dedicated server and this never happened to me, so something fishy is going on.
Wonder if this could be an ArmA2 bug, I have read somewhere that custom scripts have limited bandwith or something.
Anyway, thanks again and I will check out this issue and fix it.

Laggy