Mission "1-13 Red Mercury v0.92" by Laggy.
Watch teaser trailer
Public 0.92 Beta version.
Mission description: You are a Taskforce team with the stressful mission to find and disarm a nuclear bomb in Chernarus. Attack two insurgent locations to find the info, then locate the nuke before a major city is wiped out.
ArmAII version 1.05
Needed Addons: None
Known bugs: Briefing for respawned /teamswitched players not 100%. Appreciative for input on this.
Thanks to: All of you at the OFPEC forum.
Credits: Nominesine and Hoz for serious playtesting. Eagle Wing campaign designers for their nuke effect.
Planned changes: A more player rewarding win outro and grass option.
Important changes in version:
- Added a join option for REAPER helo team, you can now have them in the same group as GHOST DOG.
- Added an AH-1Z Cobra as muscle in REAPER to assist you in enemy territory.
- Increased skill of friendly units.
- Added some stuff ("surprise units").
- Added more pics in briefing.
- Music tracks for more atmosphere.
- More info in briefing and some additional touch-ups.
- Geiger meters now react at a longer distance (500m) from the bomb and additional hints are given.
- One important mission design bug fixed, too embarrassing to tell you what.
- Groups no longer join in SP, unnecessary since teamswitch works better.
- Added some more radio voices.
- Briefing updates should hopefully work better now.
Mission type: Multiplayer COOP (voice com recommended), but SP is possible.
Mission Time: 45-90 min.
Mission Version: 0.92 beta
Parameters: Yes (Intro and timeout option)
Time: Late morning
Weather: Good to overcast/rain
Missionwork: This is another mission I always wanted to do, but I needed a nuke effect script to make it happen. The mission varies from CQB and airstrikes, to a stressful "search and disarm" objective. In MP it can be played as an interesting joint-op mission (CQB infantry and helo support).The last task is very randomized and should hopefully make replay value high. You are moving over huge areas and the enemy presence is very random. The design really takes advantage of the new modules in ArmAII. Custom sounds, dialogue and scripts.
Hope you enjoy it. My wish is that I've created a fun mission.