Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Triggering an alarm and enemies running to an explosion.  (Read 1198 times)

Hello everybody,

Right now I'm in the final stages of designing another mission for ArmA 2, and I want to add the following feature, but don't know how.

Two of the objectives that the players have to complete is the destruction of two objects, let's call them Object1 and Object2. I have already managed to do this. But I want two things to happen when the players complete (blow up) either one of those objectives:

1.) The sound of an alarm to go off (not too long, about 30 seconds should be enough).
2.) A squad of about 8 Russian soldiers to run to a certain waypoint or marker, near where the explosion was. In other words they check out the noise and engage the players if they see them.

These two actions have to trigger only once. So if the players blow up Object 1 or 2 and one minute later blow up the other Object, the actions are not allowed to repeat.

FYI: this is how it currently detects the destruction of Object1:

A trigger with the following Condition:
Code: [Select]
!alive object1;
On Activation:
Code: [Select]
nul = execVM "tsk_object1_completed.sqf"; hint "Object one destroyed!";
And another trigger for Object2, with the same condition and activation (except this time it links to object2 of course).

TBH the object and tasks aren't called like that in the mission, but I don't want to post any spoilers. ;)

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

EDIT: if it's possible, the alarm should only be heard within a certain radius, let's say 500 or 600 in-game meters.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010, 18:04:14 by buzz_fledderjohn »