Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RTM speed issue  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Dmitri

• Members
RTM speed issue
« on: 07 Jan 2010, 12:53:52 »
I've created a destruction RTM for a visitor placed object.

My config\model.cfg and the RTM appear to be working, the object collapses as expected in game.

The problem I'm having is that the RTM speed seems different everytime the destruction occurs.
Either sped-up or slowed down. I need my RTM to playback at a constant rate, otherwise the animation
looks poor.

Any ideas? I've played around with the values in {"BridgeTest\Rtm\BridgeTest.rtm",4,4} but cannot get a consistent speed.

Code: [Select]
class CfgPatches
{
class BridgeTest
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.10;
requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class CfgNonAIVehicles
{
  class Land_BridgeTest
  {
    model = "\BridgeTest\BridgeTest.p3d";
    simulation = "road";
    Armor = 50;
    class Destruction
    {
      animations[]=
      {
        {"BridgeTest\Rtm\BridgeTest.rtm",4,4}
      };
    };
  };
};

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: RTM speed issue
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2010, 22:58:43 »
 hmm
 there are lots of things that can effect speed played , i havent touched rtm for building since Arma1  but if  i remember rightly.

the 4,4    would stand for    start anim 4 seconds after destruction and end 4 seconds after  , so  iw ould change those figures too    for a  constant  with Bis figures  0.2, 4

Second  before you exported your rtm from o2 did you make sure you right click in the keyframe window and seletct auto time 1.0 .

Of course finally the total speed will be alot easier  to define if you  export  your model using latest o2 > old ofp   and then open it in Ofp anim , this allows to time the overall speed better in my opinion.

I love ofp

Offline Dmitri

• Members
Re: RTM speed issue
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2010, 15:46:40 »
Thanks for the suggestions. Didn't know what the 4,4 values were, do now :)

Problem seems solved, recreated my config based on the FM Tower from ArmA 2 rather than the bridge from ArmA1. Works perfectly now.