Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Debriefing Objectives in Wrong Order  (Read 3317 times)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Debriefing Objectives in Wrong Order
« on: 06 Jan 2010, 13:55:06 »
On the Debriefing, the sequence of the objectives are reversed. Is there any way to fix this? It seems to be consistent.

Objective/Mission/Task 1 is to clear the town with a completion trigger with this in the on activation field:

Code: [Select]
obj1 =true; MAG_tskObj0 settaskstate "Succeeded"; taskhint["Mission 1 complete",[0, 1, 0, 1], "taskdone"];
Objective/Mission/Task 2 is to repell the counter-attack with a completion trigger with this in the on activation field:

Code: [Select]
obj2 = true; MAG_tskObj1 settaskstate "Succeeded"; taskhint["Mission 2 complete",[0, 1, 0, 1], "taskdone"];
I saw something regarding this somewhere but as usual when you actually need it you cannot find the answer. Sorry for the Arma 2 noobness but I have only had the game for a week and the new Briefing/Debriefing system is quite a change to someone who lived and died by Chris Henderson's Arma Edit. I am using the Briefing Manager if that has anything to do with it.
Ranger, out.

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Re: Debriefing Objectives in Wrong Order
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2010, 14:39:46 »
Simple... create the objectives in the reverse order ;)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2010, 16:15:38 »
But are they in the mission the right way around?

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2010, 18:44:24 »
Yes.  The objectives, if created 1-2-3 are in-game 3-2-1... if created 3-2-1, are in-game 1-2-3.  :good:

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2010, 21:05:11 »
This makes no sense at all.  >:(
Ranger, out.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jan 2010, 21:08:29 »
What I mean was.
If you reverse the objectives then will it appear in game as

Obj 3
Obj 2
Obj 1

But the otherway around in the debrief?

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2010, 21:27:09 »
I've tried this six ways till Sunday and I cannot achieve what I am looking for:

I want the objectives to be in the following order:

1 Destroy Ammo Truck
2 Destroy Fuel Truck

Fine & Dandy until the debriefing screen when they are listed in the reverse order; Fuel Truck then Ammo Truck.

If I create them in reverse order they appear in the debriefing correctly as Ammo Truck then Fuel Truck, but during the mission in the task screen they appear as Fuel Truck then Ammo Truck.

I hate to ask, but is this a technical limitation of Arma 2 that it cannot properly sequence tasks among several screens???
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2010, 21:33:12 by RangerX3X »
Ranger, out.

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2010, 22:21:02 »
Ahh, sorry, I misunderstood your problem.  Hmm... I don't know of a suitable solution to that, sorry  :confused:

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jan 2010, 01:24:15 »
I hate when a new game comes out and it takes a pathetically unneccessary step backwards in something that was not broke for years.

This was never an issue in Arma I (just verified it myself so I wasn't assuming something).

Now -

Start of Game: Clear the town and repell the counter-attack
End of Game: Great! You repelled the counter-attack and cleared the town! (??)  ::)

I miss the old days when objective 1 was objective 1 and not tskObj0...

If it ain't broke, don't freaking try to fix it.  >:(
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2010, 03:15:44 by RangerX3X »
Ranger, out.

Offline jones

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jan 2010, 08:20:07 »
maybe if you create the task as they are needed. If you want the task to be in sequence. When the task condition is met execute a script to create the next task.

I did it with in the trigger activation fields.

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #10 on: 07 Jan 2010, 13:45:43 »
All that does is break the mission and still does not resolve the the debriefing objectives list being in the wrong order.

In your attached example in mission, first destroying the ammo truck ticks the fuel truck objective and when you destroy the fuel truck it ticks the ammo truck objective. Looking at the on activation fields all you did was switch the code from each trigger to the other which completely breaks the objectives from their intended targets.

Did you even play test your suggestion???  :dunno:
Ranger, out.

Offline jones

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2010, 18:40:03 »
I misunderstood what you wanted. Well sorry to tell you this but you can have it one way or the other. BIS probably designed it that way to show the last completed mission first. I almost never pay much attention to the debrief, if the task are there and checked off, cool. If the debief was important to me like that I would create my own to display task and stats via dialog.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #12 on: 07 Jan 2010, 18:53:49 »
It's very, very strange how BIS have done this. To get them to show up in the right order in the briefing, you have to create them in reverse order, as others have said. However, to get them to show in up in the right order in the debriefing, you have to put them in the normal order. So you can only have one or the other. I'd recommend having them in the right order in the briefing, rather than the debriefing. It's more important to the player. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do to change that.

Offline Shuko

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jan 2010, 19:35:21 »
I have feeling that whoever coded the task thing for A2 didn't even realize this "issue" (who actually checks the debriefing screen anyway?). However, for me at least, its pretty logical that a created task will be at the top in briefing (aka reverse order creation).

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #14 on: 07 Jan 2010, 20:13:54 »
Well the shame of it is that this was never an issue in OFP and Arma I. The debriefing sequence of completed objectives were in the same order as the briefing. There was no reason for BI to change the briefing system, yet they did and the whole thing is totally illogical from top to bottom (to suggest someone would design it intentionally this way is folly).

On the grand scale of things is this a show-stopper? Of course not. But on closer inspection, BI took something that worked for over eight years across two games and three expansion packs and countless patches and broke it the first time out of the gate with the "new game".

It is nothing short of frustrating considering it was absolutely not needed (a new briefing system).
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2010, 20:19:22 by RangerX3X »
Ranger, out.