Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt (Review Complete)  (Read 13625 times)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt
« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2010, 18:10:34 »
Awesomesauce! Will try it out, been waiting for an update  :good:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Variable

• Members
  • Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity
    • Comrades in Arms
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2010, 11:43:41 »
Great campaign! Thanks a lot for it. It really managed to recreate the good old OFP feeling that I missed so much.

I played it with ACE 2, although it was not required.

Retaliation mission: It seemed like the enemies in the castle compound will not fire at me, at least those that were stationary and not running around. I saw them aiming their weapons at me but they never fired.

Last mission (Sorry, can't remember its name): The mission was absolutely great. I even felt disappointed when the documents were found on the first possible location I checked because I didn't want the mission to end hehe... At the final intro, during the Lopotev discussion the soldier next to him was firing constantly at me, stopping only to change magazines. Might this be also due to me using ACE 2?

In any case I understand this was not intended to be an ACE 2 compatible campaign, but since I encountered only these two bugs, it doesn't seem to be too much work to make it compatible and thus addressing many more community players, so you might consider it.

Thanks a lot, again. I will be waiting anxiously to an update.

Offtopic: is there any way to make an email subscription to OFPEC threads?
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010, 11:45:41 by Variable »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2010, 22:55:47 »
I played the version 0.3 trought with vanilla 1.05 game and latest beta. I liked every mission very much. I have no ideas for improvements but I found two bugs and one minor flaw. In the last outro the soldier next to Lopotev was also shooting me all the time. And in "Public Relations"-mission's outro I got this error but it didnt have any real effect on the outro:

Code: [Select]
Error in expression <ctr2, ctr3, ctr4, ctr5];
{deleteVehicle _x} forEach [e1, c1, c2, c3, c4, c5];>
  Error position: <_x} forEach [e1, c1, c2, c3, c4, c5];>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
File Campaigns\zp5_opcobalt_0-3\missions\04retaliation.Chernarus\scene1Cleanup.sqf, line 2
Error in expression <eteVehicle _x} forEach [e1, c1, c2, c3, c4, c5];>
  Error position: <c4, c5];>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: c4
File Campaigns\zp5_opcobalt_0-3\missions\04retaliation.Chernarus\scene1Cleanup.sqf, line 2

In "The Sobor Line"-mission my group was finally standing still after finishing "Search&Destroy"-waypoint which made the group running between waypoints in small circle. First I couldnt find the last enemy in silent village but finally I realized that there was an enemy bmp other side of the village which I then destroyed with RPG-launcher that I found from dead body. It wasnt a big flaw but maybe there could be some minor tweaking. That "Search&Destroy"-waypoint looked useless and maybe the enemy tank could come closer or retreat when its fighting alone against CDF.

But great work with the excelent campaign. I cant wait for the next update. I really enjoyed playing the greatly balanced missions. The current AI seems to work better when player isnt in lead.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 13:26:29 by SaOk »

Offline Grimfist

• Members
    • Armaholic
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2010, 23:11:07 »
wow, really good, i really hope you finish it as when i got to end i felt like crying lol.
I had 1 bug, at the end, when the SF get captured, Lapotev was talking to me but some random guy of to the right kept blasting me with his AK.
10/10 so far! :good:

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jun 2010, 23:35:34 »
v1.0's finally been released! See the first post for more details. ;)

Thanks for all your feedback and beta tests, guys! I look forward to more in the future.

Changelog:
v1.0:
- First finalized release
- Added the last 4 missions and the rest of the cutscenes
- Retaliation: Changed the music playing at the start of the mission
- Retaliation: Improved the attack on the castle
- Operation Cobalt: Fixed the issue with the contact not talking to you if you visit him a second time
- Operation Cobalt: Fixed the soldier in the outro continuously shooting you
- Various other small bits of fine-tuning to the first 5 missions and their cutscenes
- Fixed the many typos

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jun 2010, 07:15:17 »
I'm really impressed.  This is a great campaign--better than BI's in my opinion.  Great cutscenes, good story.  Voice acting will really add a nice finishing touch.

Played v.03 first 4 missions yesterday. 

Only problem noted was that during outro that pans up from dead spetznatz, the silly ARMA II conversation AI had the scene's stars say "Hi there!" to each other during your scene dialogue.  I think you can turn that feature off, and should.  Don't want your actors ad-libbing during scenes!

Really like the mission where you find the Spetznatz in town.  Great choice of terrain, where enemy appears and disappears behind bushesn (before you get to town).  Difficulty seems right to me.  Hardest place was Devil's castle.  The wall snipers are easy to deal with, but breaching the walls is tough.

Small suggestion:  Wall snipers too easy to snipe.  After first one shot, you might want to activate a script that has them duck down and pop back up at random intervals, and maybe move to the left or right a few steps (so they don't pop up in exact same spot).  And also maybe reveal the position of the shooter to the remaining snipers.  Are they grouped together?  That might help them react better also, as they would then share knowledge of targets.

I'll have to download 1.0 and run it again.  Thanks for all the hard work!
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jun 2010, 08:46:54 »
Great! I'll be looking forward to playing through this one, congrats on the 1.0 release!  :good:

- In the last mission the Mi-24 is hovering in mid-air until it starts it's engine. This is because of a setPos bug that's been in all of BIS' games, and I don't know how to fix it. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them at either of the two threads listed in the Feedback section of this ReadMe.

I'm not sure if this is what I think it is, but is it the one where newly placed/setpossed units sort of lack physics, in that they only "slump" to the ground when they're shot/engine started etc? If so, you can easily fix it by using the setvelocity command:

Code: [Select]
unitname setvelocity [0, 0, -1];
Should make the helicopter get some downwards velocity, 'activating' the physics. :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #22 on: 03 Jun 2010, 09:14:31 »
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. But if that manages to fix it, then holy crap! Heh. Thanks Wolfrug. :D

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2010, 08:38:25 »
Well, with v1.01 finally released, and no bugs reported so far here or on the BI Forums, along with the lack of voice acting applications, I guess I can finally submit this for review. So, without further ado... Have at it! :D

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt (Please Review)
« Reply #24 on: 03 Jul 2010, 06:00:11 »
I'll take it for review unless one of you other staffers was looking forward to it...anyone?

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt (Please Review)
« Reply #25 on: 04 Jul 2010, 11:18:58 »
That would be awesome, SBG! Thanks! :D

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt (Under Review)
« Reply #26 on: 02 Aug 2010, 18:22:17 »
Your campaign was mentioned with about 30 words in Operation Arrowhead review in the biggest finnish gaming magazine - Pelit. After commenting buggy ArmA2 and very short OA campaigns, it says BIS should take learn from you when creating campaigns and praised "realistic and well scripted"-missions with great presentation and sufficient character drafting in Operation Cobalt. There was no other community made stuff content mentioned in the review. :)
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2010, 18:23:49 by SaOk »

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #27 on: 04 Aug 2010, 22:12:23 »
Wow, thanks for letting me know SaOk! I truly feel honored!  :D

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 Aug 2010, 22:42:23 »
Nope. ;) The reviewer was also the most respected one of the pelit-magazine writers.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt (Review on Hold)
« Reply #29 on: 28 Oct 2010, 06:21:28 »
Review completed.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2010, 19:15:23 by savedbygrace »