Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Loose Ends  (Read 7087 times)

Offline bert

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Loose Ends
« Reply #15 on: 04 Dec 2009, 22:24:50 »
Hi, first beta test in longer than I care to remember. Hopefully i won't forget anything.

Overview: Nice pic and description. No issues.

Intro: Whilst basic, its nicely done and quite watchable.

Briefing: Once again no complaints. All of the links worked and everything was nicely written.

Mission: I played the mission solely as the squad leader, without any team switching - didn't even think to try.
Thinks were pretty straight forward. After taking the first few objectives in order, I then focused on where I thought the largest concentrations of enemy were. The tactic worked well for the mission and my squad all came through in one piece. A few injuries were sustained on the way, but nothing my medic couldn't sort.

Perhaps the hairiest moment aside from the odd very close range face to face encounters, was the entrance of the two hinds. One seemed to be shot down fairly quickly, not sure who by, and the second was forced down just as I was preparing for a stinger shot (stingers found at the church) - typical luck as I was forced in to making a wild dash under fire to the church in the hope of finding aa weapons.

On the whole, I found it to be a pretty enjoyable - if slightly easy mission. It took me just under 40 minutes to complete, no restarts required.

Outro: From a technical viewpoint, I thought the outro was better than the intro. The camera work was nicely done and I thought the part with the 'new guy' was a particularly good inclusion. It makes (or should) the watcher think for a moment.

Nice work. I didn't spot any bugs and enjoyed playing it through.
My only suggestions would be to perhaps increase the difficulty a touch. Could be something simple like a sniper or a tricky mg nest.

bert

bert

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2009, 22:35:53 »
It's strange how the mission actually turned out to be as easy as it might be for some people. I certainly never intended it to be, heh. There are actually well over 100 enemy units on the map, and, of course, the two CDF Hinds. I guess the CRA just steamrolls it all at the moment. Perhaps in the future I will see how I can balance it out better.

And yes, I'd say that I prefer the outro to the intro. :D

Offline bert

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 05 Dec 2009, 00:15:07 »
One thing I didn't mention was that they were often in small, un-coordinated groups and therefore easy to deal with.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #18 on: 18 Dec 2009, 11:46:32 »
Regular / patch 1.04  / no mods
Overview
All good
Intro
Nice little cinema with a few slow preloads

Briefing
Clear, informative but not complicated. Good work here.

Mission
Lots of small tasks to accomplish which were not overly defended by half an army.

I did spot several times where units spawned right in front of me or Appeared or whatever.
The AI did not respond well to me, It seemed too easy to just stand in the open without them engaging me.
And despite my repeated attempts to complete this one, it would keep crashing my game. I've been playing other folks missions with no CTD problems. I've got the configs installed as per addon orders but still keeps crashing.

It feels like a great mission so far though.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #19 on: 18 Dec 2009, 16:48:20 »
That's odd. Playing it myself, with no mods, the latest beta patch and the addon installed correctly, I never crash at all. Neither have many other testers. Are you sure you're running without mods? That you installed the addon correctly? Or that, if you're using beta patches, that they're enabled properly? I can only see it being something clientside. It's also very odd that the AI isn't engaging you. Perhaps that's also related to said possibilities?

I will say that since, I believe, patch 1.05 of ArmA, preloadCamera does not work anymore, and still doesn't seem to in ArmA II. I've tried to minimize their effects on my missions wherever possible, but it seems impossible to get it 100% unless all angles are within the same general area.

Also, the AI is not spawning. The only time they're randomly placed is at the start of the mission, and you don't see it as they're in the town. It happens immediately after the mission starts. This is due to Kronzky's UPS.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2009, 16:52:05 by Zipper5 »

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jan 2010, 16:19:21 »
Well, I've been unable to find anything that could possibly be causing your CTDs, SBG. I think it must be something to do with your client-side setup, unfortunately. :dunno:

As for the mission itself, I don't see myself making any more updates to it, despite missing voice files. So, if someone would be so kind to review it, that'd be great. :D

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Loose Ends (Review Please)
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2010, 16:54:19 »
Ok I'll review it!

Cheers

Mathias