Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reskins  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Nephris

• Members
Reskins
« on: 27 Nov 2009, 09:57:55 »
Hi folks,
being very new to addon modding/skinning i ve a few basic questions.
I changed the paths to my "new" addon to be reskinned succesfully and without ctd.
Right now i want to change the camoflage.
What is the best way to to this?
Most of the camos and uniforms look like "photographed.
What is the best way to use a new uniform ,lets say e.g. snow camo instead the default digital woodland camo.
I dont want just to use "black&white" feature in CS3.

So i guess each vest,shoe, or trouser part etc must be at the same postion as in the original template.
I would be very thankful for some hints.
Greetings

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: Reskins
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2009, 23:12:29 »
Most of the camos and uniforms look like "photographed.
What is the best way to use a new uniform ,lets say e.g. snow camo instead the default digital woodland camo.

The quickes and simplest way ( now you have pathed to a new texture) is to convert that paa to tga using texview2

open it in photoshop or Gimp etc , crate a new layer from background ,  hide back ground layer and work on new layer,
 make this greyscale , then filter sylize find edges (save the psd  for future ), then unhide the original background layer and make the new edges layer opacity less than 100, till you can see the original pattern underneath.
  Erase as required in your new layer and shade it as necessary to your desired colour , this will all take time and practice, eventually you will be able to find time to make the process so good you can actually make a stitching and accessory template  like e-bud once did for arma2 .

anyway when your happy with new pattern/camo etc  merge visible and have a go in game.

thats how i do it but i gotta say i am shit at texturing ;)

« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2009, 23:16:41 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp