Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: attachTo and Cargo / Pilot View  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Cyborg11

• Members
attachTo and Cargo / Pilot View
« on: 25 Nov 2009, 20:24:47 »
Hello,

I have a problem with the attachTo command. If you are looking at a person who is attached to the cargo room of a vehicle in 1st person the soldier isn't on the same place as he should. You can see it on the two screens:

Hope you understand me what I mean :D
Can I do something against that?

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: attachTo and Cargo / Pilot View
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2009, 21:51:27 »
By mission editing means, no, you can't. It has something to do with the car's 3D model itself.

Offline Cyborg11

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2009, 22:31:16 »
Oh that's not good  :(
But whats wrong with the model? Or what can I do with the View Cargo/Pilot in the .p3d when I want that the attachTo command works right?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2009, 08:30:48 »
Chances are that you can't do anything to solve this problem. It looks like this is a "limitation" of the 3D engine (or better: just the way 3D engines work):

The problem only occurs if you are "part of the vehicle",  i.e. you are driver, co-driver, etc. If you are not part of the vehicle, e.g. run "camera.sqs" and move to the drivers position, it looks just fine.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2009, 20:02:12 »
When you are inside a vehicle (driver etc.), the 3d engine does not render the external graphics on the vehicle that you can't see, i.e the wheels and such. This is to save the PC some work and you can't see those parts anyway, so it would be a waste of resources.

Looks like the attachTo command is affected by this somehow, just like worldeater said about the camera.sqs test. My guess is that the unit IS in the same/correct place (for damage and hits etc.), it just looks wrong from the internal vehicle view.

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Cyborg11

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 02 Dec 2009, 18:07:36 »
The problem exists with a setPos-loop too. Damn ... :( This looks really weird.
Nothing I can do?  :(

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2009, 08:58:28 »
Attach the driver to where he is now. Make him play the sitting animation and perfectly synced with the direction of the vehicle. Add all the regular actions, "Engine off", "get out" when still, "eject" when moving. Lock the car.

Add on key press eventhandlers for W,S,A,D and while holding shift etc for velocity additions.
OH ITS ALMOST PERFECT... but then the sound won't work properly... damn so close :P

</sarcasm>

There is nothing you should do, its a OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 bug that always occurs, as mentioned above.