Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cobra trouble  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Cobra trouble
« on: 07 Nov 2009, 23:14:54 »
Hey guys

Ive had a lil bit of trouble getting a small group of cobra choppers to follow their waypoints. I gave a group of 4 cobras a 'destroy' waypoint, which is executed by the player with the radio. When they start to move however, they start flying in circles and into each other, and into the ocean. What gives?  ??? Does any1 else have this prob with giving chopper groups multiple waypoints? Is there a script out there that perhaps stops choppers from colliding? Any help would be appreciated  :D

Regards,

Gruntage  :)
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline Supergrunt

• Members
Re: Cobra trouble
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2009, 12:37:45 »
its common knowlegde that AI chopper pilots love to smash their birds in to eachother  :P

by using the Collision Avoidance script (somewhere here on ofpec) the chopper dont crash in to eachother search for the script in the editors depot and use it to fix your problem

greets 

Supergrunt

Offline eegore

• Members
Re: Cobra trouble
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2009, 12:29:00 »

As previously stated the avoidance script works well. 

What I did previously is set different flyinheight commands, or give each chopper its own set of waypoints and used setfuel 0.  All I did then was had the radio trigger setfuel 1 to all requested choppers.

I did this because choppers seem to hate flying in formation.