Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Disposable AT weapons - The FSM way  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Fincuan

• Members
Disposable AT weapons - The FSM way
« on: 06 Nov 2009, 21:05:11 »
Yeah I know, there's a gazzillion scripts for disposable AT weps  :D

Here's another one, this time using FSMs. I did it mainly to practice using FSMs, but it turned out to work surprisingly well. I wasn't able to "break it" in my tests, so can any you guys help me? Especially MP functionality is a mystery. I didn't figure of any reasons why it shouldn't work in MP as such, but I just wasn't able to test it at the moment. SP works fine. I was afraid it'd be pretty heavy on the system, but even in the sample mission I noticed no performance hit at all with 120 AI running it at the same time.

Sample mission with the system(Please do not mirror yet, early early testing going on):

edit: New version uploaded. Now MP and respawn compatible for players, but will quite if it's AI that dies.
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2009, 22:30:03 by Fincuan »

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Re: Disposable AT weapons - The FSM way
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2009, 23:53:03 »
What does the gear menu matter? I run a loop that ensures player has 0 ammo and receives the ammo with the launcher when he pulls out the launcher.
I have found no way to break it yet? I am not trying to derail, I am just inquisitive as to how you can break these scripts (if it all).
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2009, 23:56:37 by Rommel92 »

Offline Fincuan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2009, 00:26:38 »
The gear menu thingy is there to prevent the player from getting extra ammo that way, since I run no such loops here. It removes all disposable launcher ammo both before(if you have launcher in hand you have ammo) and after gear menu to prevent ammo hunting, and to keep alive the immersion of no need for rockets.

I have no idea how to break it, that's why I posted here. Actually now that you mentioned it... Using "Rearm" instead of gear menu might just do the trick :)

edit:
New version uploaded with the rearming "exploit" fixed
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2009, 03:08:22 by Fincuan »

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2009, 03:26:05 »
You realise the wait is a loop?
Testing it out now, its actually done pretty well.  :)
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 07:40:22 by Rommel92 »

Offline Fincuan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2009, 22:00:44 »
Updated, see op. Now tested and working in MP, and the worst deadlocks should be fixed.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2009, 00:35:52 »
Personally, I think this is an excellent solution.  It just feels "better" than the other, scripted, solutions.
Sic semper tyrannosauro.