Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Respawn AI Crew -How to  (Read 9222 times)

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
Re: Respawn AI Crew -How to
« Reply #15 on: 31 Oct 2009, 05:54:59 »
It's possible, I just need to figure out how to detect the number of crew positions from the configs.

« Reply #16 on: 31 Oct 2009, 20:22:44 »
hey, i tried to post the config for the tanks, but the code in the config exceeds the limit of what can be posted. filefront wont give me a link, its acting screwy. I'll try to send it to you in pm.
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #17 on: 31 Oct 2009, 20:34:04 »
Oh, you can't use filefront? Um, maybe http://www.2shared.com/ never used tho

« Reply #18 on: 01 Nov 2009, 05:22:53 »
found a site, try this, its in a zip has the tank config in it.

http://uploading.com/files/847ebda6/tank%2Bconfig.rar/
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #19 on: 01 Nov 2009, 18:46:29 »
Here it is in addon form: http://www.filefront.com/14838709/tcp_tcrew.pbo

You can load it as an addon, or integrate it into a mission or into the current mod configs.

However, it is game-changing. I don't think it would be considered a cheat, but it changes how the mission was meant to be played. If you want to disable it on a certain map, set tcp_crew to false for all or some players.

Depending on your side, it will look for mrkDepot or mrkDepotR and if not found then it will use respawn_west and respawn_east.

« Reply #20 on: 01 Nov 2009, 20:11:00 »
wow!
thats ausome, tested it out and it works, i put the depot markers down and with no outside scripts it works as if you had scripts in the mission already.

The guy that is our modder for our WW2 mod was concerned about how it would effect performance, but ingame it seems to not have any effect on performance at all, i mean your just spawning some AI.

i tested it out on a few tanks like the panther which has a crew of 4 so when i requested crew you spawn 3 and you have a full crew.

i tried the tiger which has a crew of 5 and i got a crew of 4, giving me 5 total. 
Im going to send this pbo to our modder and see what he thinks.

personally i dont think it will change gameplay as you need a crew for the tanks. but great work once again!
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #21 on: 12 Nov 2009, 19:48:56 »
Turn on -showScriptErrors
Delete ArmA.RPT to start with a fresh one.
Try running the addon and looking for any errors.

« Reply #22 on: 13 Nov 2009, 23:46:32 »
when i play Arma for WW2 I use the mod i made and the WW2 mod I44.

now i put your addon in the I44 addons folder, and the request crew only works with an addon from an outside party, only 1 tank.
i relized that I44's has configs setup different then standard arma, as the tanks has a config that runs all the vehicles from that, well at least i think they do. i got permission from the coder from I44 to open their stuff and tweak it ect., as long as i dont send their mod anywhere with my name on it, but all were trying to do is make your addon compatible with their tanks, as it works with all the other tanks in arma just like in Arma 2.

here is the I44_base_V config im assuming its for all vehicles:
http://uploading.com/files/m5dbe1c1/config.bin/

« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2009, 04:24:37 by Günter Severloh »
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #23 on: 14 Nov 2009, 18:31:33 »
when you place a tank on your side in the editor, does it get filled with the appropiate AI crew?

« Reply #24 on: 14 Nov 2009, 23:50:03 »
no, not for the I44 tanks, only with non I44 tanks i will get crew.
the Request crew in the action menu dont show up at all no matter what tank for I44 mod, it only shows up in vanilla arma tanks, and any other 3rd party addons that are ww2.

there is a panzer 2 tank in I44, which is a 3rd party addon that they got permission to add to their mod, and the crew request works on that tank, when i request the crew i get 2 AI, as its a 3 man tank.

Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #25 on: 15 Nov 2009, 02:23:23 »
What I meant was does the editor put AI in the tank when you place one on a side other than Empty.

Try this debug version:
http://uploading.com/files/866am73d/tcp_tcrew.pbo/

In your RPT file, you should get values similar to:
bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A2_TUSK_MG/Turrets
"USMC_Soldier_Crew"
"Crewman"

« Reply #26 on: 15 Nov 2009, 06:52:47 »
no, dont need AI crew when you put a tank down thats not empty as it comes with crew in it.

i like what we got already it just dont work with I44.

got an error with this version:

Code: [Select]
error missing;

file tcp_tcrew\scripts\tcp_tcrew.sqf,line4
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #27 on: 15 Nov 2009, 08:07:07 »
That is where the error is then.

Put this in the init line of one of the tanks:
player sidechat str this; player sidechat str(typeOf this); player sidechat str(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf this >> "side")); player sidechat str(isText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf this >> "side"));

Tell me the four lines that you get.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2009, 07:15:08 by tcp »

« Reply #28 on: 16 Nov 2009, 05:54:37 »
i was getting errors with the code you told me to put into the tank, says it was missing the ) in 2 places, so i filled them in and it worked, but heres the error i got when i request a crew:

i got a screenshot of it:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/92/gd001.jpg
Grenadier-Regiment 187

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #29 on: 16 Nov 2009, 07:19:16 »
Right, the same error as before. I guess you didn't get any message feedback with those commands?

Try this instead:
Name the tank: tank1
Create a trigger.
Activation: Radio Alpha
On Act:
player sidechat str tank1; player sidechat str(typeOf tank1); player sidechat str(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf tank1 >> "side")); player sidechat str(isText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf tank1 >> "side"));

Doesn't matter if you are in the tank or not. Just start the game and call the radio trigger. You should get 4 lines of side channel text back. It's not meant to fix the addon, only to diagnose where the config error is.

Also, here is another debug version.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0x3nyrzmdz2/tcp_tcrew.pbo

Check RPT file for 4 lines of output.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2009, 07:31:58 by tcp »