Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger to cause helicopter to attack player?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline sgt_ben

• Members
Trigger to cause helicopter to attack player?
« on: 20 Oct 2009, 04:50:27 »
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am having. I'm working on a mission where the players team has to insert behind enemy lines and take an objective without alerting the enemy. I have placed a timeout trigger covering the majority of the anticipated playable area that activates if the players are detected by the opfor for longer than 10 seconds. What I would like to have happen, is that if the trigger activates, a set of ai crew board a helicopter and fly to the players position and try to attack them. Anyone know if this is possible or how it can be done? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
Re: Trigger to cause helicopter to attack player?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2009, 05:08:04 »
Simpliest way:
Make Trigger Type: Switch
Synchronize Trigger to a Hold WP for the AI crew before their Move/Get In WP.

Also, I think you want countdown trigger. Timeout triggers activate on the first hit and just wait before carrying out. Countdown triggers require the condition to be true for a certain amount of time for them to be considered active.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2009, 18:31:01 »

Been a long time snce i scripted a mission :).
 In ofp i recall  we simply set a crew near an empty helicopter , when the necessary paramters were met, we would assign the crew to helicopter  using assignasdriver - gunner etc.

then a simple  pilot reveal enemy would make the pilot and crew hunt the enemy  where ever he/she/they was.
 you can update the reveal if they get a little lost or even give them a moveto command using the enemies pos.

I love ofp

Offline sgt_ben

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2009, 04:09:40 »
Thanks for the assistance both of you, I'll try that out and see how it works.  :)

Ok, messed around with it a bit, but I must not be doing something right. I've gotten the crew to hold position until the trigger was activated, that was relatively easy. The problem now is making them go to the players position. I tried the "reveal" command as it was shown on the comref "group reveal unit (in this case heligrp1 reveal man1), but nothing seems to be happening. I placed the reveal statement in the "On Activ" field of the trigger, is that perhaps not the right place?
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 03:15:43 by sgt_ben »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2009, 13:25:32 »
 Try a move ,dotarget command after your reval .
 easiest will be heligrp1 move getpos man1  , i would check the biki for the commands ,i havent scripted a mission for years.

if you look on the resources here ,a chap called toadlife made a mission called lo-jack or somtehing where he tracked some enemies , they should contain the relevant commands .

good luck

DB
I love ofp