Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bug with handgun addon - Viewpoint issues?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Bug with handgun addon - Viewpoint issues?
« on: 16 Oct 2009, 23:15:54 »
Hey guys,

For the TNL Dev team we've been working on a speedgun model. The model worked fine untextured. In both freecam (camera.sqs) and in first person view it was perfect.

We add a texture (just a .paa, no materials yet) and the view messes up. The hands of the unit are between the speedgun and the camera. Yet, if you look in freeview the view is fine. The hands are where they should be.

At the moment there is only one LOD (resolution 0). That hasnt changed since it has been untextured, so I can't see what has caused it to suddenly do this. Nothing has changed except adding a texture.

What can cause this problem?

Thanks.

Screen1: Untextured. Looks fine, no bugs
Screen2: Texture applied but fingers are before buttons
Screen3: The model appears to be in the correct location

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Bug with handgun addon - Viewpoint issues?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2009, 02:57:22 »
You need to do the View-Pilot LOD to get first person view and set the weapon position properly.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Re: Bug with handgun addon - Viewpoint issues?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2009, 10:18:34 »
Okay will do that. Thanks.

Okay, I can move the model in 1st person right up to the persons face (the rear of the speedgun now filling most of my screen) and I still see my hands.

In this image I've moved the speedgun so close to my face that its cutting past my view point (the edges of the gun are becoming invisible) - yet I can still see my hands in front of it :S

Is this a bug or am I just being silly?  Considering it looked fine before when the texture wasn't applied :blink:

Edit: OK I just removed all the textures from the models and saved. The gun is now appearing in the correct position. I honestly have no idea whats wrong now.

Edit2 [SOLVED]: It appears we have solved the issue. The format of the PAA file was DXT1. Instead, we needed to save it as DXT3 (not familiar with this, but it's an ARMA2 thing appaerntly). Saving it in this new format now makes the gun appear properly in front of the unit.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 13:53:14 by JasonO »