Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: P:\ tools drive not created in Vista.  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: P:\ tools drive not created in Vista.
« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2009, 21:24:06 »
Grasping at straws, but, have you tried removing the last '\' from the path?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2009, 21:34:12 »
To eliminate the possibility that the bat file is not working did you go the command prompt? Just type:
cmd
Try
subst /?
It will just list all the commands, but at least you will know its found by the system.
Then try:
subst P: C:\ArmAWork\
Quotations are needed if there is no space in the file name.
If that still doesn't work, then find cmd on your start menu or in explorer, and right click -> Run As Administrator, and try again.

If that still doesn't work, there's got to be another way to mount a virtual drive. Look around for some other tool or try Mapping A Network Drive. You'll have to share the folder over the network, then just browse for you own computer when browsing for the network location to map.

Offline Warrior_X

• Members
  • Hardcore OFP/ArmA I & II Vietnam fanatic!!!
    • OFPNAM
« Reply #17 on: 19 Oct 2009, 22:20:05 »
To eliminate the possibility that the bat file is not working did you go the command prompt? Just type:
cmd
Try
subst /?
It will just list all the commands, but at least you will know its found by the system.
Then try:
subst P: C:\ArmAWork\
Quotations are needed if there is no space in the file name.

DISCO! This worked!  :clap: Buldozer could be fired up now from O2 without a problem. P drive was now found and installed through cmd. Big thanks for putting uyp with my ignorance! And very big thanks for your help guys. tcp you the man  :good: Now i need to know what i should look out for, as i have now moved the entire folder to a different location. Will this somehow be a problem with anything...? What should i pay attention to now. Some folder paths that need changing somewhere or...

Offline Deadfast

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 19 Oct 2009, 22:30:54 »
This is the same exact thing BIS' BAT does.

I suspect the problem might have been lack of permissions for the My Documents dir where you had the workplace before.

Offline tcp

• Members
    • Violator Gaming
« Reply #19 on: 19 Oct 2009, 22:50:47 »
Batch files are considered dangerous, so security settings may have them disabled. No big deal. If you want to have it start with windows, just create a shortcut to the subst command and put it in the Startup folder of your start menu.

Also just change the mapping back to the P: drive if you want the BI tools to be able to find it or go to the options of each program and change it to whatever drive you have it set to now.