Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: make ai doc heal ai soldier?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline stephen271276

• Members
make ai doc heal ai soldier?
« on: 11 Oct 2009, 14:07:16 »
Hi guys.
I there a command you can put either i) in a WP or ii)in a triggers init line that will make a NPC doc go and heal a NPC injured soldier?

Ive made the soldier roll around injured using the "playmove" command and I can make the doc do the "heal" animation using the same method but sometimes he looks like hes healing nobody as he does it next to rather than over the soldier?

I was thinking is there away to group two docs together make one the leader and make him issue orders to the other to heal the soldier? I dont know how to do this so the command Id put in the init line of the trigger/WP would be a great help. Also I dont know if it would cause problems that the soldier isnt actually injured hes just in the "playmove" loop???
Help and opinions or another method to get this background action would be greatly apreciated.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: make ai doc heal ai soldier?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2009, 14:31:20 »
I cannt solve the problem at hand. But I've noticed that AI Medics often seem to be facing the "wrong" direction even if they perform real first aid in-game. If this is a cutscene, you may set up the injured soldier and medic in the correct angle before you give them playMoves/switchMoves. Apart from that I can only think of doWatch, doTarget and such commands. But they are unpredictable at best.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!