Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: =RTY= Rogue Nation = part 1= Insertion  (Read 4450 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
=RTY= Rogue Nation = part 1= Insertion
« on: 26 Sep 2009, 15:30:05 »

=Rogue Nation=
                                                                 part 1
                                                               Insertion

max players 4

Rogue nation = All teams =  Situation report
------------------------------------------

Rebels recently shot down one of our transport aircraft flying inside their territory over the troubled northern borders of cheranus, where American forces are covertly aiding local troops in fighting separatist and communist insurgents.

It is reported that the plane was hit by small arms fire and forced to make an emergency landing at a small airstrip north off Krasnostav. U.S Space Command s KH-11 satellites have confirmed the plane is at the location and that the plane appears to be in good condition and intact.

SAT intel shows us that there has been heavy traffic movement between the airstrip and numerous off site locations however they have been unable to clarify the exact location of the crew.

Team X-ray   objective
----------------------
An Insertion / Extraction site for Devgru assault teams planning a rescue attempt for our missing airmen has been identified by intel. Your 4 man recce team are to halo insert into the area and covertly secure the site. U.S Space Command s KH-11 satellites have pinpointed three AAA  sites which need to be taken out of action before assault teams can be deployed.

*Note to Team leader

The destruction of the AAA guns is not the objective .. You are to covertly eliminate the men who operate them

requirements

ARMA 2 ver 1.5

ACE2  ver . 220  (for the moment)    
grab it here =  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500

« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010, 15:12:28 by sharkattack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: =RTY= Rouge Nation part 1
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2009, 05:54:37 »
Ok some minor stuff..

The briefing notes.. each of the titles in the menu is a bit different. Meaning some of the titles are caps some have lower case. Be consistent. :D

Under important notes, original is spelt wrong.
Under sit. report..  Cheranus should have a captial C, noth = north

I also thought the notes section could of used a picture.

Great intro, even better option to disable it. There were some typos during the intro as well but I didn't get a chance to jot them down this time.

These are great little battles around these camps you have setup, but what we found was it was fairly easy for just two of us tonight to walk into each camp. Maybe consider some para troopers as you approach each camp and or some stationary units in the tents. Maybe there is more to the mission but thats what we found. One comment from my buddy was it was a lot of effort driving and then not much action once you arrive.

some bugs..

* when we released the unit, he joined my group but wouldn't move at all wouldn't take orders. Then my bud  walked up to him and he had the release unit as well. So there is a problem in there with that script.

*when we tried the mission a couple of times there was always one unit that was dead right away as per the cut scene. is this supposed to happen every time, so there are really only 3 tasks?

My friend suggested to add the no grass option in the mp menu, and he thought the distances ment alot driving through some tough terrian. With the buggy vehicle respawning back at base we had to take a truck and it was slowwww... so he thought the halo option might be good when you didn't have a pilot.

Good start to the mission! :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2009, 10:31:02 »
hi mate

thanks for the feedback ... i also noticed a bug with the MIA not taking orders needed the group leader to command him ...  will  take a look at the points raised ..  oh   and yes  only 3 airmen to find .. One is executed in the cutscene .. will add some extra security to the enemy camps  flare traps and a few extra guards

many thanks  Hoz  ..  trying to get your countdown timer into the mission also

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2009, 17:23:46 »
I've added the count down timer...
Simple enough change, I added it to desc.ext and init.sqf. I've set the timer for 2 hours and starts during the cutscene.

Also theres a few errors in the rpt that need attention :)
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2009, 18:04:54 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2009, 18:02:52 »
thanks a million mate ...  :good:

edit

in order to execute the MIAs after the clock has expired  i have

condition
not HOZ_timerOn

activation
jp setCaptive false

that should work ?
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2009, 18:31:46 by sharkattack »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2009, 18:05:12 »
Np look forward to the update.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: =RTY= Rogue Nation part 1
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2009, 12:24:41 »
Changes to v1.3
==============================================================
*Reduced to 16 max players
*Reduced pilot slots to 1
*Reworked Enemy camps
*Reworked captive scrip
*Added Hozs Countdown timer
*Added an option to return MIAs to RV points as well as Airbase
*Added vantage points and extra cover around enemy camps
*Added time of day Selection
*Added NoGrass option
*Tweaked UPS  patrols
*New player loadout
*few other bits and bobs

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2009, 16:20:50 »
Good stuff look forward to testing it out tonight after a big turkey dinner! Is you're other mission done? Itching to do a review or two. :)

Edit:

Ok there are still lots of typos and capitalization problems but not a big deal.

The intro is really great, there were some timing issues... like the pilot is shot however he goes right back to the handcuffed animation while the camera is looking at him. 

I didn't notice this part.. however my bud sitting beside me mentioned the timing was out when he shouts out 'Kill him'  I didn't see so thats all you got to go on. :)

The player gets hurt alot driving those buggies.  :(   Buddy commented.. we've been driving for 15 mins and we had to heal twice.  hehe  :D

The  overall battles at the camps were much tougher this time around. It really made us stay close to one another and move in slowly. The sniper rifle comes in handy in some of the camps.

Now for the release of the captives... couple of issues... 

1. Once I release the unit, the unit still has the option for release for other mp people.
2. Once released the unit won't move until you tell him to stand up. Then you have to tell him to pick up a weapon. I would auto arm him.. and put him at on alert. or make it so hes at ease so he will follow directions. You could add a realism difficulty option and then have it both ways.

The countdown timer doesn't show initially on a slow pc like mine. So I would increase the delay for the initial counter message.

Everything else played pretty well good job.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 06:40:57 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2009, 21:48:28 »
thanks Hoz
again your feedback is priceless ... will took a look at the issues raised

thanks  mate

Offline Binesi

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2009, 13:15:11 »
I gave this a go today. I enabled some of the AIs and played locally. It seems to work just fine in SP so maybe you could have this as an option? It is good to play with friends too but I'm overseas right now and my ping times are horrible.

I just want to say first... wow - good attention to detail. This is something I don't see in most missions including those by BIS. It is nice to see a good intro too. I'm so used to having to try and overlook objects embedded into each other, buildings and tents set up at unlikely or impossible angles, sans detail barren and lifeless camps and cities,  and a multitude of other things that show a lack of time or caring or perhaps even eyes on the part of the mission designer. This mission was actually immersive and believable enough I could really get into it. The enemy behaved fairly naturally and I had the opportunity to utilize a variety of tactics. In between camps there wasn't a whole lot to see but a few random patrols kept me from getting too bored on the in between trips.

I like how you setup the AI skill and setup the infantry. I had a few long firefights and lots of action without myself or my team getting taken out by robotic AI precision fire every few minutes. Because of the quantity of enemies I didn't feel it was easy and I had a nice sense of accomplishment when clearing each camp.

This all said the travel inbetween camps could be even more interesting. Perhaps some enemy checkpoints as you are getting closer, some air patrols? You also might consider rewarding the player with extra time for certain actions - I'm not sure if you are doing that as I didn't finish the mission yet, but it is a nice option if you fall behind. Seeing some civilians would be good too as the towns where a bit empty.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:52:13 »
We also found the trips between towns uneventful, except all that driving in rough terrian and heavily wooded areas :)   I think some light patrols between camps would be welcomed.

I also think that once west has stepped into the camp area you should drop some para reinforcements into the camp. Once you have nearly cleared the camp and are rescuing the pilot you should bring up some pressure on the west.  so say if you were within 75 - 100 meters of the pilot bring on the reinforcements. :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2009, 19:51:36 »
thanks lads ...

ill  see what i can do  ...  :good:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 31 Oct 2009, 10:31:59 »
Updated to 1.6

Changes to v1.6
================================
*Reworked intro
*Removed Fast Attack Vehicles (for testing)
*Reduced to 9 players
*1 x 8 man SF assault team
*1 Helicopter pilot
*Reworked Enemy camps
*Reworked captive script (again)
*updated revive to v 03f
*Tweaked UPS  patrols
*few other bits and bobs

EDIT
-----

updated to v1.7
had a problem with revive set up 
sorry

« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2009, 16:08:16 by sharkattack »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 05 Nov 2009, 22:57:39 »
Gave this ago last night... Two players.. didn't finish it in 2 hours.

Intro now looks great no issues that i could see now. Great job on it!
The briefing objectives aren't updating properly.
The captives are stuck in an animation. so they won't move after you release them. this is definitely the problem with them not following orders. If you injure them they come out of the animation and then they work fine.  getting the captives back is another tough issue especially with the time constraints. perhaps an auto pickup of the unit might be in order.

Overall a good mission!

Xbox Rocks

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2009, 15:56:12 »
Any update for this puppy?
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #15 on: 13 Dec 2009, 14:52:12 »
hi  mate

i have been  working my socks off on this.
however i managed to get me some help.  Together we have developed a plot for a  series of a missions.

we have split part 1 into 3 separate  missions  and  have  begun  work on the  next  chapter of the  story
gonna  include  ACE 2  and  make use of the new goodies and  make it  more  covert to deter any  Rambos

Will hopefully have the first  trilogy  ready for testing    next week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2NbLlXroc&feature=channel
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2009, 15:02:11 by sharkattack »

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 14 Dec 2009, 15:54:14 »
 The time diff is not necessarily killing us, but I did get to read your reply. I see what you mean, by just diddling with it in the editor it didn't run all the scripts. We'll get it figured out :cool2:
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2009, 16:32:10 by fallujahmedic »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 18 Dec 2009, 22:06:31 »
patience is a virtue    :good:

« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010, 14:56:17 by sharkattack »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: =RTY= Rogue Nation = part 1= Insertion
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2010, 14:45:02 »
Hi gang  ...

have   went to back to  the drawing  board  with this   ...  sorry for the delay
have  split  the  scenario into  4 missions  (with more to follow)  

gonna  hold  back  releasing  parts 2 - 4   until ACE 2  is somewhere near finished, im told there are a  lot more goodies to come from them  ..

In the meantime  any feedback  or advice  regarding  part one  will be more than welcome

best  wishes  lads
                                                       shark-attack  

EDIT
------

OK ill ditch ACE for testing   and  do a vanilla  version   give the mod some time to develop

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2010, 21:27:48 by sharkattack »