Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Opening the doors of a spawned Khe Sanh  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Opening the doors of a spawned Khe Sanh
« on: 18 Sep 2009, 10:15:36 »
Hey guys.

I'm making a mission here in which you start off on a spawned Khe Sanh (courtesy of Armatech's script) and I'm trying to figure out how to make the doors to the briefing room open like they are in the first mission of the campaign. I've modified Armatech's script so that the carrier is named KheSanh instead of _dummy.

Now, I un-pbo'd the mission files and found this in the scripts of the first campaign mission:
Code: [Select]
waitUntil {!(isnil "rANIMATE")};
_nic = [objNull, objNull, "per", rANIMATE, (nearestObject [BIS_briefingRoom, "staticShip"]), "dveremale", 0] call RE;
_nic = [objNull, objNull, "per", rANIMATE, (nearestObject [BIS_briefingRoom, "staticShip"]), "dverevelkeL", 1] call RE;
_nic = [objNull, objNull, "per", rANIMATE, (nearestObject [BIS_briefingRoom, "staticShip"]), "dverevelkeR", 1] call RE;

And I can only imagine that's what they used to open the doors of the ship on Utes. However, this is a spawned one with a different name. I've tried replacing "staticShip" with "KheSanh", but that doesn't work. I also tried changing BIS_briefingRoom to aP (player's classname) but again, nothing happens.

If anyone can give me an idea of how to get this to work, it'd be greatly appreciate.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: Opening the doors of a spawned Khe Sanh
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2009, 10:21:04 »
I have only idea, but I1m not sure.

Try to change BIS_briefingRoom to KheSanh.
Don't change the "staticShip", because it's a class name.
Fix bayonet!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2009, 10:36:07 »
Unfortunately, that gives me the error of an undefined variable called RE, which I guess is related to the "call RE" parts. I can't find where RE is defined anywhere in these scripts.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2009, 10:56:11 »
RE is a complied sqf. Try to find where they precompiled an sqf and name it RE.

IMHO, the error what you got is better, because it's mean the previous stuff (front of RE) is good.
Fix bayonet!

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2009, 12:25:44 »
If my memory serves me right RE is part of the MP framework (my brain translates it to "remote execution"). But I might be wrong here.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }