Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Resistance  (Read 4865 times)

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
(Review Completed) [SP] Resistance
« on: 08 Sep 2009, 18:20:50 »
Author: DaKa

Version: 1.2

Required Addons: None

Mission Description: "The enemy has a tank depot in Pusta. We need that destroyed. Your men are counting on you, do not fail them!"

Features: BIS Voice acting (from OFP:Res, all credits to them), Intro and Outro.

Known Bugs: Overview not working properly, need help with it

ChangeLog: 1.0: First release.
                 1.1: Read Me included, Overview fixed, Load-out fixed.
                 1.2: Identity added

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2010, 01:50:49 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [SP] Resistance
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2009, 19:38:41 »
A nicely polished mission. Only minor bug (as you said) was the overview which didnt show the description in the same page. But briefing offered all the necessary info with nice pics and other details.

Intro and outro were both very good with excelent camera angles. The lip sync looked little strange but it didnt matter much.

Mission itself was a basic seize and destroy mission with short playtime but it was enjoyable with good little details like patrolling soldiers, campfire and reinforcements. I managed to keep all my squad members alive so maybe it was quite easy mission too. I should try it again with harder AI settings.

« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2009, 19:41:34 by SaOk »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2009, 19:44:01 »
Thanks! Tried it to keep it simple, although I don't know how to get the overview working, I forgot to get the AI skills up (I keep it on low for testing), I'll re-upload the mission.  :D

EDIT: Re-uploaded!
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2009, 19:52:13 by DaKa »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2009, 20:56:44 »
It was definitely harder (and better) now. Still no friendly casulties but I had nice moments while commanding pinned down group. :)

I noticed some new things to look out:
-in gear choosing there is an AK74 with GL but no grenades
-player have no compass (but maybe its hard to get lost)
-hint said that there was no insurgents anymore but there was still some fighting going  

Btw. I have had problems with overviews too. Removing the mission name (and html codes for it) gives more space for description part but its still difficult have much text with picture.  
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2009, 21:11:24 by SaOk »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2009, 22:21:25 »
Already tried to loose the tile, but I had to shrink the picture to be very VERY small for the text to appear...

-I'll get the grenades in the gear section
-The no compass thing was unintended and I think I'll leave it like that (we're resistance forces right?  :D )
-The hint works for the trigger which is around the town. If there are no OPFOR in the town, the hint shows that they are dead. I'll make that trigger bigger.

If you can help me get that overview straight somehow...

About the mission: I've tried to make it to be between beginner/intermediate level. I know from past experiences the frustration of a mission almost impossible to complete. Of course as soon as this one is finished, Part Two will come up :D I've a series of missions in mind... :P

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2009, 13:51:44 »
You could change the font size in overview with this code:

Code: [Select]
<font size="10">text</font>
Size 10 seems already much better than the default one.

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2009, 00:42:53 »
Thanks!  :) It's fixed!  :P First post updated!  :D If you can't find any bugs (I know that I didn't), it should be ready for review. :-[
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 08:57:08 by DaKa »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:00:21 »
Mission is at good state. But are those snipers really working? I have focused so much on my own team that I dont know if they really shoot. They are so far that its feels possible that they only guard the nearby road. But anyway they are good detail in mission. You could try to give them some targets with reveal command (if you havent done that yet):

SniperName reveal EnemyunitName http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/reveal

Also player could have identity in mission. You need to add this into description.ext:

class CfgIdentities
{
    class Victor_Torska
    {
        name = "Victor Torska";
        face = "Face16";
        glasses = "None";
        speaker = "Male01CZ";
        pitch = 1.0;
    };
};

Here is the faces: http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Faces/

And then add this into player initbox:

player setIdentity "Victor_Torska"
Edit: You can also remove the strange last row separation in overview when adding much "space" to the end.

<font size="10">Night is falling over the CDF trenches in Black Forest. Lieutenant Valenta is ordered to meet Captain at one of the outposts in the area                                      </font>
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 12:06:52 by SaOk »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:44:18 »
Thanks for the Overview tip!  ;)

The snipers are close enough for them to be not spotted and to be able to engage the patrol which is on the south side of the town. I've checked them, and they've engaged the patrol as soon as the radio came in. With the "reveal" command, they engaged MUCH faster. Thanks!

Good point with the identity, although it was not in my plan, the voice belongs to Mr. Troska, so it would be a crime to take it away from him.  :D

Identity added, first post updated with the mission. Thanks for the tips again!  :)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:56:21 »
You forgot to change the playable unit back to squad leader. Player is a sniper now. :)

Edit: When you have uploaded the fixed version then I would be ready to review this if you think the mission is ready for it. I think its currently very polished but if you still like to add stuff then I could wait.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 15:27:35 by SaOk »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2009, 17:53:13 »
AW damn! Me = idiot HAHAHAHHA! How could I forget that!? I'll reupload the mission and you can review it (if you want). I feel that it's finished.

EDIT: Mission Re-uploaded. Send me a PM when you're finished reviewing :D
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 17:59:07 by DaKa »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2009, 18:48:22 »
Okay, I will review this one. It could take some time but I'll send that PM to you.  :)

Edit: I found a new bug. Player is speaking now english. You should change voice to "Male01CZ"
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 18:58:11 by SaOk »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2009, 19:13:49 »
Give me a minute to re-upload (how did I miss that?).

EDIT: Re-uploaded, thanks for the heads-up!
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009, 19:17:32 by DaKa »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 Sep 2009, 19:00:29 »
This mission has been reviewed. Head to Mission Depot to read it. :)