Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: co 8 Train Spotting  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Sergei_Q

• Members
co 8 Train Spotting
« on: 12 Aug 2009, 16:52:54 »
Author: Sergei
Version: 1.5
Required Addons: none

Mission Description: ChDKZ commando team is set to sabotage a CDF train depot in Chernogorsk. They infiltrate through the harbour and after completing the mission escape to the hills in the north. For those who want more challenge, an optional secondary objective is to destroy 3 T-72's.

Features: Has a variable difficulty setting that depends on the amount of players. With just a couple of players you may find some useful vehicles in the city, with 8 players enemy resistance is greatly increased. Time selection as of 1.5.

Known Bugs: None at the moment.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2009, 14:27:11 by Sergei_Q »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: co 8 Train Spotting
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2009, 03:36:34 »
2 players test on a dedicated server

Briefing.

You should move the version and credit information to a new section within the briefing. this is fairly easy to do and won't look like meshing with the notes.
There isnt any gear setup and i really hate the default weapons, consider adding a weaponspool and at the very least include nv in the weaponspool.

No typos that I could see and there is enough information, not overloaded.

Mission

No NV for any of the players except the leader which kinda sucks in a night mission.
We gave up after there was only nv for 1 person and had a hard time just docking and getting out without getting shot.

Looks like an interesting mission and look forward to an update.

Xbox Rocks

Offline Sergei_Q

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2009, 13:41:43 »
Yeah, I think it's too dark in the beginning... I'll change that first. Shouldn't be too dark to see your feet.

The file has been updated, please try again! Changes in this version: I added starting time options, small modifications to briefings.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2009, 14:28:59 by Sergei_Q »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2009, 03:20:26 »
You really need to use versioning in the mission title and in the file name. Firstly if the version isn't in the mission name, then you get what you see in the pic attached. a double name and its impossible to tell which is the newer version. Secondly the file name, since my server is up all the time I can't copy the same mission name  over to the server. Its a really pain in the arse to restart the server for a new mission update. In this case I renamed the mission file name but you can see the server reads the mission title to be displayed. Lastly spaces in the file name suck too sorry to be such a downer but when the linux server is released if the admin wants that mission over on the server he will likely have to rename the file. So use _  instead of spaces.

Didn't get to play the mission at all since we only have so much time to play missions we didn't want to guess which one is the newer one. We'll wait till the next update. :)
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2009, 03:35:10 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks