Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Quick Question - "mando_predicam.sqf"  (Read 1589 times)

Offline PartyHead

• Members
Quick Question - "mando_predicam.sqf"
« on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:51:07 »
 :confused: Im abit new to scripts and scripting with ARMA/2 so bare with me.
I want to use the "mando_predicam.sqf" with my ARMA2 mission but carent seem to get it to work properly.Ive tried the "mando_predicam.sqf" demo mission in the ARMA mission editor, and it works fine.
So for my ARMA2 mission i did the same as i did for the ARMA version, i put the mando_predicam.sqf file in my ARMA2 mission folder,
and copied this code to my Mission int. file.
Code: [Select]
[soldier1, 60,190,30,300,2,true, true]execVM"mando_predicam.sqf";

_targets = [heli1, car1, car2, car3, soldier1];

while {true} do
{
   {
      Sleep 20;
      mando_predicamunit = _x;
      waitUntil {mando_predicamready >= 2};
   } forEach _targets;
};
Which is what the ARMA version is, accept, i made these target_name changes, to suit my mission.
[heli1, 40,340,5,30,2,true, true]execVM"mando_predicam.sqf";

_targets = [heli1, heli2, heli3, heli4, soldier1];

while {true} do
{
   {
      Sleep 20;
      mando_predicamunit = _x;
      waitUntil {mando_predicamready >= 2};
   } forEach _targets;
};
Thinking it would work, but it dosent.
Well it sort of works, it will only fix on the one target instead of rotating between targets like in the ARMA version.
Im also trying to work out how to execute a smooth camera movement from one point to another point around a selected target then perform the same camera movement on the next selected target, and so on, and so on eg._targets = [heli1, heli2, heli3, heli4, soldier1]
Can anyone help.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2009, 02:28:09 by PartyHead »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Quick Question - "mando_predicam.sqf"
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2009, 09:06:00 »
Will have a look at this, but so far the predicam script seems to work well for me in A2.

Offline PartyHead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2009, 16:12:43 »
Thanks mate, that would be good :good: im still only learning :dunno: and thats by reading and trying :banghead: it would be alot easier to be shown :check: :D ive been copying and pasteing alot, and guessing.
Your "mando_predicam" id say works fine :good: its more likely me not knowing enough yet.
All ive been able to do is set the "mando_predicam" to target one object at a time by placeing this line of code
[heli2, 60,340,5,50,2,true, true]execVM"mando_predicam.sqf";at the start of my mission int. file.
And i change these value's
heli2, 60,340,5,50,2each time i want a different cam_target/object and cam_position.
But i carent work out how to have multiple cam_targets on a rotation, and how to get the camera to move smoothly from one point to another around a target/object etc.
Thanks for your help in advance, and thanks for your "mando_heliroute" script which im using, works great :good:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2009, 21:05:40 »
I did try it with many vehicles and soldiers and it definitively works well in A2.
But Predicam doesnt switch between target and target smoothly, and it has no functions to rotate around any object. It simpy tracks smoothly the indicated object or objects from the indicated position during the indicated times. In case of doubt, check the script header.