Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V5-3  (Read 9405 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V3
« Reply #15 on: 06 Oct 2009, 06:02:08 »
Still not seeing the text under the medic. Have a look at the attached image.
But the medic tent seems to be working this time so all is good.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #16 on: 06 Oct 2009, 07:54:02 »
strange... ???
Here is what I have in french and in english if i turn my game to english langage.

I had almost the same problem with "@str_missiontitle", thinking it could allow french and english mission title, but instead of that, mission title was blank in the mp mission list...
the difference is that I DO HAVE both texts for Alpha9 in the lobby with "@STR_MOBILE"... :dunno:
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2009, 08:06:17 by fleepee »

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2009, 20:41:29 »
as i'm hosting the game, i can see who are players

Flee, do you mean the mission will remain on your server, or will it be released for distribution for hosting on other servers? 
I bring this up again, specifically the bit about squad lists (yes, I was thinking of xeno's dom for player identification, too) because of possible chaos for a public release.  If the mission is released and played publicly, it'll be a crap-shoot to keep organized with such bad in-game audio if the player has no tools available to figure out who is in their squad.  Example-the final assault, given the players who eventually joined the other day, could have gone much more smoothly if we knew who was who and could communicate with discrete groups (even if only using automated commands re any language barriers).

Still, lacking a squad organization feature, it will be a successful mission when hosted privately with TS or another secondary VOIP program.

Questions:  Gorka, Devil's Castle, and an un-named village SE or Gorka (or is it Gosvondo[sp?]), all have a black box drawn around them.  Why?  Are those meant to indicate possible enemy locations?  If so-why not at the airport?

Also-you said that the mission started with Kronsky very near you, 40m.  Can you kill Kronsky in the beginning and end the mission?

I'm happy to help with the larger campaign, but I sadly lack programming skills.  I'm far more a WYSIWYG hobbyist.  Of course, if you need a hand reviewing English text, I'm a professional writer and can certainly help you there.  (It would help my teenage son, too.  He's in French Immersion and needs something in French to read that excites him-the science textbook just doesn't cut it.  Possible avenue for translation?)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #18 on: 06 Oct 2009, 23:02:35 »
Of course, this mission is here for beta test and then a public release!
teamspeak permits squad channels and channel commander, so I don't think communications are a problem with that mission, if there are enough players, admin should disable AIs...

Gorka, Devil's Castle, (...) all have a black box drawn around them.  Why?
it's because of UPS script, markers should disappear but they don't... :dunno:

Also-you said that the mission started with Kronsky very near you, 40m.  Can you kill Kronsky in the beginning and end the mission?
mission doesn't start like this: I had to run after him after he flew from Olsha, mission ends when he's killed and you've taken control of Devil's castle.

thanks for your proposal of english texts corection, I'll remember it!
Turn your game into french langage and you'll have french texts!

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4
« Reply #19 on: 29 Oct 2009, 16:33:11 »
Version 4 uploaded!   :good:
One hidden objective added, radio voices and some minor changes...

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4
« Reply #20 on: 30 Oct 2009, 15:43:54 »
Great!  I'll have a look sometime this weekend.

Will you be hosting a session?

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-1
« Reply #21 on: 06 Nov 2009, 23:30:51 »
version 4-1 uploaded! ;)
I've added an AP minefield around devil's castle, more voices and briefing actualizations as you progress in the mission.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2009, 08:52:56 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-1
« Reply #22 on: 21 Nov 2009, 05:42:25 »
Briefing...

The picture for Colonel Kronsky is just awesome. Its probably the best looking picture I ever saw in a briefing. The color and clarity and details are top notch. I thought though the pic could be a bit shorter so all the info fit without scrolling but i guess that depends on your resolution.

Intelligence should have a capital i.
Ennemy forces should be Enemy Forces
Under Ennemy forces... underestimate should have a space like under estimate

I thought the picture in the credits section was a bit unnecessary but hey its up to you. :)

Mission...

Tasks aren't  present any more in the briefing...seems like the triggers are firing off but the names and descriptions aren't there.

The battle at the first town is much better now, and i love the random stuff on the road trips. great job. a tad on the long side.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-2
« Reply #23 on: 21 Nov 2009, 10:16:48 »
version 4.2 uploaded.
With the last version of revive scripts, and some changes (ex: the battle for the airport), spelling errors corected, reduced size of the colonel's picture, and i let the one in the credits: I like it! :D

Tasks aren't  present any more in the briefing...
I tested on a dedi, the task to eliminate the colonel was present. There's only that one as mission starts.
Normally, but I haven't played that far, a second task appears when he's dead of have escaped, and another one on your way to the castle... ;)
Did you have them or not?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 21 Nov 2009, 14:50:34 »
No tasks are ever shown in the briefing. You get the notifications when you have completed the tasks tho.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #25 on: 22 Nov 2009, 06:29:55 »
Strange...
Even with version 4-2?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-3
« Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2009, 16:46:31 »
Yep.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-3
« Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2009, 22:03:50 »
same error as for "destroy power station": revive_init not edited after the change for version 3g of norrin's scripts...
but for the tasks, i haven't had that problem on a dedi...
version 4-3 uploaded

edit: new version uploaded with same version number...
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2009, 16:44:43 by fleepee »

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-6
« Reply #28 on: 03 Jan 2010, 11:27:40 »
V4.6 uploaded!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-30] Kill colonel Kronsky V4-6
« Reply #29 on: 08 Jan 2010, 17:09:16 »
Mobile Respawn  no longer working in this mission. It was workin in the previous versions.
Xbox Rocks