Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V28  (Read 17811 times)

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V12
« Reply #30 on: 13 Oct 2009, 12:29:59 »
When your squad goes down, can other AI players perform 'heal' actions other than the medic?  Or, if players go down, can I return to base and recruit some of the remaining characters to fill out the squad?

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #31 on: 13 Oct 2009, 12:49:15 »
I think you played it in SP, this mission is designed to be played in MP.
Each player can heal if wounds are not bad...
the next version will have an option in lobby to enable "team status dialog" with whitch you can recruit soldiers in your group.

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: 13 Oct 2009, 21:58:04 »
Right, it was SP.  I'll rally a few to try MP from Sparta over the next week for both Kill Kronsky and this one.
Will you provide an option to enable/disable friendly AI for MP, or is that built in to Server-side systems? (I've never hosted a mission)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 13 Oct 2009, 21:59:59 »
You can disable the AI within the MP lobby.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2009, 12:23:12 »
Thanks.

Second draft of the English edits are attached.

Edit: attachment (stringtable.rar) lost in the crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:10:25 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #35 on: 20 Oct 2009, 23:19:34 »
Version 13 available! :good:

- full english radio voices, with my french accent of course! :D

Lobby Options:
- time
- number of revives
- grass layer
- view distance
- choice of mobile respawn type (ambulance or group Alpha medic)
- show/skip intro
- enable/disable Team Status dialog

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V13
« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:28:54 »
Mobile Respawn: Alpha Medic... doesn't seem to exist.. there doesn't seem to be a medic in team, alpha... I guess in this case its corpsman? on another try.. the name medic was showing for me.. but my buddy's machine said it was corpsman. weird..

None of the mp lobby options are working. The grass isn't changing the ambulance isn't changing as the mobile respawn point.

The revive isn't loading, the respawn isn't working...
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #37 on: 22 Oct 2009, 06:50:27 »
Shit! >:(
edit: certainly a problem with dedicated servers because of a line in the init file (exit if not server), I modified it,version uploaded with same version number...
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 22:39:28 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 24 Oct 2009, 17:46:41 »
Ok we played it through last night and it seemed to work well. We started with the ambulance option but that didn't seem to work for mobile respawn. Maybe we were doing something wrong? never had a chance to spawn at the mobile option.

everything else 'a' ok.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #39 on: 24 Oct 2009, 19:16:04 »
when you use the ambulance as respawn, you've got to drive it, stop the engine, stay inside and after 2/3 seconds, you've got an option: "Deploy mobile spawn"
Then it is available as a respawn point, and you have to stow it by the inverse procedure to move it to another position.
Should I indicate the procedure in a note section of the briefing?

Are my voices not too bad?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 24 Oct 2009, 20:36:32 »
In the notes sections maybe include a section for revive options.

I didn't noticed the voices sorry... will listen closer next time.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V14
« Reply #41 on: 27 Oct 2009, 15:35:49 »
version 14 uploaded!
perhaps last version before review!! :good:

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: 09 Nov 2009, 17:51:51 »
Flee I went through 85% of the map this weekend with another player.  Everything seemed smooth.  We were engaged prior to my interaction with the prostitute at the filling station, I only got part of the chat/intel before she was shot.  It's a challenging map for only 2 people, but we had fun pushing into the city.  Comments are below, and a very few quirks could still be addressed.

When you near the rail depot, the message and audio instructing us to destroy waiting vehicles activated, but no map marker appeared.  It took me a few minutes to figure out where the waiting vehicles were.  (I expected them to be in a building, not on the railcar.)  I found the railcar and completed that half of the objective without further incident.

Near the shipyard we had the second audio cue, and the marker changed for that location appropriately.  Excellent work on the second location, too, with defences and player access to the objective. 

Your placement of characters is very good, you take advantage of interior spaces and elevated areas.  It takes some hunting to find the last one or two AI to free up the spawn point.

The AI part of the squad was helpful, largely in their ability to revive human players and each other.  One problem was them running out of ammo!  If I revived an AI, I think they refilled their ammo, but AI-revive-AI they stayed empty.  Certainly more reaistic to be revived with your kit as it was when you were shot and disabled, except for the point when AI won't get another weapon off dead opfor or reload themselves from a crate automatically.  It's very time consuming to use the menu to get each character re-kitted, which hurts the flow of the mission.

Even though I edited the english, I had forgotten about the church objective.  Was there supposed to be some forshadowing earlier in the mission?  Right, I think I remember editing some text about asking civilians for intel, but 'rumors' or 'intel' that the city appeared deserted.  Was that the remainder of the prostitute's intel, to check the church?  I also thought there was some message from a high-rank general at base?  Oh-damn, I never checked the map notes this time.  Bugger, nevermind, my fault.  I'll have a look at them in 14-1 soon.

It activates properly when you rescue the two civilians outside the church, but the guarding AI seemed to be playing dumb, dying easily.  I don't know the triggers for that part of the mission, but once activated, it seems to bug-up.  It took a couple minutes for the survivors to join the squad, at which point opfor reinforcements had arrived and killed one, and then the other seconds after I had control in the squad menu.  That objective ended up a fiasco.  The AI in the church also played statue for too long, and they all activated once I was between the church pews.

We only had time to approach the power station.  Again, good placement of infantry defence both in and around the Power Station.  Why is a Shilka present?  It doesn't fit an infantry/ground map to have AA defense, unless you meant it as a detail for setting the scene (that a power station would have AA defenses anyway.) 

All in all I like the mission.  The secondary objectives and extra mile you went to place opfor AI in good positions makes the mission work.  Lots of AI, too, good fun.  I especially was frustrated by (enjoyed immensely) the elevated gunners near the first street in the city, where the seaport crane gives excellent overwatch.  Once I found the bastards, l learned you had gone the extra mile to put AI in good positions.

Now, your next mission, if you choose to accept, is make this a TvT map!  Naw, but it's storyline would be a great chapter if you are still working on the MP/coop campaign we discussed a while ago, reworked of course to fit the player's side in 'kill Kronsky'.  I'll PM you the idea.

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #43 on: 09 Nov 2009, 20:37:59 »
First, thanks for your feedback! :good:

One problem was them (AI) running out of ammo!
they should have the weapons and ammo they had before being killed once revived, no prob with that, or that's because they went swimming! :D
I always get a truck loaded with ammo in town with the team, there is also an ammo crate with ambulance mobile respawn deployed; read briefing notes to know how to use mobile respawn.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2009, 06:31:35 by fleepee »

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: 10 Nov 2009, 18:14:26 »
I found the crates when playing through, superbly helpful.  I'll have to double-check the notes to get the AI medic to deploy a mobile respawn.  Or, oops, did you say the ambulance is a mobile respawn?  I'll have to give it a second look.