1985, World War III, Iceland. A desperate group of ill-equipped Icelandic rebels attempt to destroy Soviet Tunguska units.Features:
Strong emphasis on mission atmosphere using voice recordings and character chatter, early time of day and bad weather, weapons that ArmA 2 provides but are rarely used, like the Saga. Mission briefing takes different approach and is worded in past tense, as if the mission is a narrative memory of a war veteran who fought in an imaginary Soviet occupation of Iceland. The players will recreate this warrior's story.Known Bugs:
1. Truck driver's briefing during the insertion is sometimes cut, delayed or stops for no apparent reason. Apparently an ArmA 2 bug with directSay command.
2. AI squad members refuse to disembark or eject from the truck. Occurs only on MP. Workarounds: bring the eject command before the truck stops, or have them eject one by one.Credits:
Thanks to Sander, Galzohar and sfc.itzhak for patiently helping a novice mission maker, and for Tamar for kindly providing a recording of her beautiful voice.Notes:
Although the mission file indicates a coop mission it can be placed in \missions folder and will work as a Single Player mission as well.
Hope you will review and enjoy it as this is my first mission. The mission is hosted on the CiA coop server. For server details please visit www.ciahome.net
Regards, Variable.Version History:
-Changed sound files activation to directSay to resemble normal human discussion and to enable lip movement.
-Changed leader's reference to NATO fighters engaging to appear sooner.
-Added leader's reference to truck being destroyed by the Hind.
-Fixed some sentry's positions and waypoints
-Changed one of the team member's weapon from Saiga to AK-74 SU.
- Changed messages corresponding to voice files from Side and Group chat to Global chat so all players on MP will be able to see them, at least until I master the directSay command
- Vodnik route is synced to insertion truck arrival to make insertion easier
- Relocated some area triggers
- Replaced UAZ driver's AK-107 with an AK-74 to keep the mission true to the 80's Soviet weaponry
- fixed "No player selected" in SP error
Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.