Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Call Airstrike, JIP Marker Start & GroupSpawn  (Read 1891 times)

Offline satexas69

• Members
Call Airstrike, JIP Marker Start & GroupSpawn
« on: 14 Aug 2009, 17:44:04 »
I used to make missions in OFP, then ArmA, but now I'm rusty. To save some time, I'd like to ask the following questions so I can update my old popular missions - thanks.

1. What's the "airstrike" script people are using these days? I used to use one that you could call in an airstrike by radio every "x" minutes, and it would show the pilot and plane on map, etc.

2. I have a mission where you start off flying INTO a warzone, IN the UH60.. I need to know the easist/smartest way to have JIP members join on a flag spot if they didn't make it in the initial "mission starting flight" of that UH60. (Can't use the UH60 after initial flight, it "dies" in the process".)

3. What's the latest "group spawn" script people are using to create squads of men and with % chances of existance.

I appreciate ANY and ALL help with the above - thanks.

satexas69 aka ]KAW[Rooster

Offline Kezei

• Members
Re: Call Airstrike, JIP Marker Start & GroupSpawn
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2009, 20:30:47 »
1. Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but about a quarter of th way down the page you'll see a carpet bomb script you may be able to modify.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-assault-mod-mission-development/144932-tactical-gamer-script-bank.html

I know i've seen a better airstrike script elsewhere, so if I find it again i'll update this.

2. One of the respawn options built into arma 2 is to respawn at a certain point. In your description.ext add the lines:

respawn="BASE";
respawndelay=30; (30 seconds; change to want you want)

and you then place a marker on the map (empty for invisible) named respawn_west (if you're using USMC) respawn_east for Russian, and there's also civilian and independent.

Perhaps not the best but easiest solution would be to use a high respawn delay, so that late joiners won't spawn before the UH60 already makes it to its destination.

3. Group spawn for AI is built into the editor now. Once you place or create a group of AI units, double click the group leader to open up unit editor, give him a name (for this example i'll name him grp1) and lower the probability of existence slider to where you'd like (you can see the value when you hover over the unit after.)

Then open all of the units under him, and set the condition of presence to: alive grp1

This way the rest of the group will only spawn if he spawns.

Hope it helps.