Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Mk82  (Read 1900 times)

Offline gatherman

• Members
The Mk82
« on: 12 Aug 2009, 14:31:50 »
It's a funny&simple question,but by no means can I find any info by the search engine.We know that in ArmA2 the AV8B carries 6 Mk82 bombs under wings.So I decide to order the AI to drop the Mk82 bomb when he(maybe "it") fly through a certain area.Seems to be easy,no? I created a triggle and typed AI_name fire "Mk82BombLauncher_6" in the act line so when the fighter fly through the area,it drop bombs as I supposed.
However,nothing happens.The AV8B fly through the area doing nothing!!!
I changed the carrier,say,I replaced a AH-1Z for the AV8B,and type thisthis addmagazine "6Rnd_Mk82";this addweapon "Mk82BombLauncher_6" in the init line.And the chopper drop bombs as I expected.I tried many times,the AH1Z,UH1Y,MH60S,Ka52 and Mi24 works well,all other airplanes did nothing.
So I'm very amazed at what hell that happened.Or does anybody knows another way to order the AV8B to drop his Mk82s??? ???

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: The Mk82
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2009, 16:11:59 »
AV8B doesn't have the MK82's
Try AV8B2.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline gatherman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2009, 02:10:42 »
Well, yes. In the editor screen, we can only see AV-8B and AV-8B(LGB).As I know that the CFGname of the AV-8B is AV8B2,so I choose it. While the AV-8B(LGB) carries GBU-12 laserguidedbombs.
If you try it,you may also find the same phenomenon.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2009, 02:24:28 »
Aye, confusing isn't it.

I noticed also that all the other aircraft you got to work were choppers.

It might be that the planes travel too fast through the trigger area for the trigger to react quickly enough, try extending the area to give it more time to fire.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline gatherman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2009, 02:38:00 »
Ha ha,I have tried to larger the trigger area to 5000*5000,but the airplane fool again.
Even, I tried to use "radio Alpha" to control the airplane to drop Mk82, it also didn't work......
But thanks the same for your trying.
Now I'm about to doubt that is it a bug?

Well now I find something.The Mk82 just acts like a Hellfire.No targets,the AI won't fire.What's more,before firing a Mk82,the plane would do some preparetions like fly up then speed down.The AI won't fire if it thinks that the plane is not in the right behaviour,nor would the AI fire a Mk82 when it thinks the bomb will do NO damage to the enemy.
At last,I simply place a T72 and a AV-8B in the map,and remove all the weapons in the AV-8B EXCEPT the Mk82,the plane will get down and engage the T72 using its Mk82 just like a missle.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2009, 04:24:03 by gatherman »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2009, 12:30:48 »
Uhm... forgive my igorance. I'm not from a Nato country and hence no expert on american weapons but... is the Mk82 an unguided free falling bomb? Or is it laser guided. The latter would require to have a target I suppose.

Unless I'm mistakin there are (at least there were) two versions of planes acting as carriers for unguided bombs and laser guided ordnance in OFP/ArmedAssault. Maybe you're using a plane built for laser guided munitions?

I'm merely guessing here, since I havent got any testing opportunities today (being stranded with an Apple computer).

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that you had already ruled out this possibility. My bad.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2009, 12:35:32 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Camus255

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2009, 18:30:02 »

At last,I simply place a T72 and a AV-8B in the map,and remove all the weapons in the AV-8B EXCEPT the Mk82,the plane will get down and engage the T72 using its Mk82 just like a missle.

what command did you use to remove weapon? i tried:
clearWeaponCargo this; clearMagazineCargo this

but it's not working

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2009, 18:58:19 »
 You normally have to tell the vehicle to SelectWeapon in order to get it to fire the required weapon.
 sometimes the ai will keep resorting back to its default weapon and you have to create a looped script.

I love ofp