Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problems with Mando Heliroute  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Barbolani

• Members
Problems with Mando Heliroute
« on: 08 Aug 2009, 20:02:06 »
Hi!

Again stopped...

Im trying to make a plane witch flyinheight at 1500 mts and It seem with waypoints the plane doesent works... beguins circling stupidly

I tried Mando Heliroute, and works 1 of 10 times I try

I guess its full compatible with Arma 2

And seems the problem is the height, again...

I checked dpboing the BIS HALO mission training and they seem to just place a WP...

I attach the mission

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Problems with Mando Heliroute
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2009, 14:03:29 »
I don't know what causes your problem, because I have no testing opportunity right now. I have made the following observation though:

Since the later stages of Operation Flashpoint/Armed Assault a plane without waypoints would "circle stupidly" around its point of porigin (in early OFP days they just flew away into the infinite sea and never came back wich was much worse in my opinion). I've also noticed that units sometimes have trouble finding waypoints that are really really far away. That goes for planes as well as ground units. A plane circling 1500 meters above the ground might just be too far up for waypoints. It's aguess on my behalf, but I think it's a good guess.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2009, 15:30:23 »
Yes nomine, but Mando Heliroute is supposed to solve this problem (If you check his script, it "chops" the destination in various domove to positions 3000 mts far as much)

P.D: SetDir works on planes / choppers?
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009, 15:39:51 by Barbolani »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:07:19 »
I've never used Mando's heliroute, so I wasn't aware of that. Judging from the name only: Are you sure it's intended for planes? Never mind. Moving on to the things I can answer:

setDir works on planes and helicopters. I used it a lot in the early OFP-days. To prevent my planes from leaving the map I gave them a setDir that turned them around 180 degrees when they left the map. Thus they traveled back to the other mapedge and was setDir'ed again. And so on, until I terminated the loop and gave them a doMove to another location.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:35:44 »
I made myself the same question about planes / choppers, but it doesen't work witch choppers anyway  :D

Well, the solution then is to place the plane and a setDir looped, I need it only for first insertion.

Thanks man!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2009, 12:22:36 »
Hi Barbolani,
the script chops the route in small segments, but this is horizontal segmentation, not 3D segmentation. So, if you are 1500m high and you are 2500m away in 2D then you are already almost 3000m away of the destination at ground level. Do you experience the same problem with the plane flying at 500m AGL? If not, then might be you will need to readjust the ranges increasing them a bit.

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2009, 18:55:13 »
Thanx Mandoble, yes it works propertly with lower altitudes, I was guessing that's the point.