Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anyone know how to get the 'colour' state of a soldier/group?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Kremator

• Members
I'm helping Mr Centipede with his High Command split/rejoin function which is working well so far. 

What he is trying to do is find a way to mark troops (via giving them a colour) and then split them into separate teams.

Is there a way to do this, either by finding their colour state (team red, team green, etc) or any other way ? 

Hoping you can help because this would open up company or even battalion level gaming.

Thanks in advance

Kremator

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
 :banghead:

I can't believe this. As far as I can tell, the team series of commands (createTeam, addTeamMember, removeTeamMember etc) have something to do with the HC module or something else, since it sure as heck doesn't have anything to do with the assignTeam and unAssignTeam commands, e.g. the ones with the colours. These they had back in ArmA too, but a VERY conspicious lack of a "assignedTeam" command!

Which, already then, we thought was unfortunate, and which we thought would obviously be fixed.

But apparently it hasn't.  :dry:

Please someone with better command-searching-fu prove me wrong!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Kremator

• Members
Mr Centipede has sorted the problem about splitting into teams (however it has to use the radio)

Shame that we couldn't do it using colours.