Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Searching for radio static  (Read 2165 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Searching for radio static
« on: 22 Jul 2009, 13:44:49 »
There used to be a resource consisting of recorded radio static among the resources in the Ed Depot. To be used with usermade radio sounds. I can't find it anymore. Is it still there (and I've gone blind)? If not: Does someone still have it? I need to add a bit of static to a couple of sound effects.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Searching for radio static
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2009, 14:29:57 »
sounddogs.com will have some

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2009, 15:06:41 »
You can create your own too, for instance in Audacity. If I remember correctly you can simply add some White Noise and then mess with that (original white noise is veeery noisy, perfect for "start" and "end" static, but no good as a background sound); maybe by lowering the dB levels, maybe doing a high/low pass filter etc. :)

I also have a stock sound I use, somewhere, I think I got it through a tutorial on how to create radio voices...if you don't find anything else, I can send you that (when I get home).

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2009, 05:08:54 »
I've got several(perhaps 20 -30 files or more) of varying length static that I had made with a hand held radio. It's authentic and can be heard in action in the FLAE mission in Arma. Want em?

Offline CH

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2009, 00:47:19 »
Some of the files found on this site might be of interest to you. Not exactly what you asked for but with some editing it can surely be transformed to something useful.

http://www.lazygranch.com/red_audio.htm

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2009, 17:25:48 »
I've got several(perhaps 20 -30 files or more) of varying length static that I had made with a hand held radio. It's authentic and can be heard in action in the FLAE mission in Arma. Want em?
Even if nom doesn't, I'd love 'em (please) :good:

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2011, 15:27:34 »
For all of those wanting those files, I have now uploaded them to sound library under Tools>Office>Radio static#
The files all use the same radio but are not exactly the same. Sometimes altering interference distorts the noise.

Hope they are helpful and Happy editing!
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2011, 15:29:39 by savedbygrace »