Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Infinite land north of Utes  (Read 2552 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Infinite land north of Utes
« on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:13:35 »
I'm starting this thread because I want to follow up on an interesting discussion that started in the BI Forums today. It concerns the infinite land that can sometimes be seen on Utes, and not only in Chernarus (as intended).

According to loki72 the infinite land should not be there, unless enableTerrainSynth = 1; is set in the island config. But if you load up Chernarus before you load Utes, then this feature/bug follows you back to Utes until the game is restarted.

This is what you will find when you have (accidentally) enabled infinite land:
Click on thumbnail for full size picture.

I would like to enable this feature in certain missions, but I don't want to edit the island config (Utes would be a huge addon to download). On the other hand it would also be useful to switch the infinite land off in a foolproof way from time to time.

My question is: Can this be done with script/editing inside the mission, as opposed to messing with config-files?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Infinite land north of Utes
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:17:28 »
Is that land actually there? I mean, can you actually get to it when you preview?

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:32:19 »
yup its an actual land massyou can land and walk on it .

I love ofp

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:32:29 »
Yes. If you start Chernarus first and then load Utes it's entirely possible. You may even place units on it and walk around. Believe me. I built one third of a mission using the infinite land as an OPFOR-base, before I realised that all the landed helicopters would drown/explode in the sea unless the player had fired up Chernarus before Utes.

:P
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:53:43 »
I would guess that it being there after first loading Chernarus represents a bug, which might get fixed at some point.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2009, 15:59:21 »
Yes, but on the other hand there's an entirely island between Utes and the truly infinite land. Someone must have modeled that for a reason. It's all barren, but with good looking mud/desert textures. I would like to have an island there fpor several reasons. The main one being that I can use two remote bases in a two player CTI on Utes.
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2009, 16:02:50 »
A config tweak addon is 1 KB of size to enable it.  ;)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2009, 16:11:14 »
 Like Dm says its a Bug,
 I think Bis will probably remove it 1.03 because although its nice to have extra land as you have found it creates some headache if people build mission on there and it cannot be reproduced.
 Unless there is some way to create mini campaign that can laod first chernaruss and then quickly utes i cant see workaround to achieve what you need. even with a small config to create NOM_utes adding the necessary code as seen here place this in a text file named config.cpp in folder called NOM_utes and binarize with  Bis tools to obtain a pbo prefix , you will see there is no infinate land i believe even though its activated.

http://pastebin.com/m70b23916

Edit  Line 65 onwards is the added infinite terrain section.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2009, 16:12:55 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2009, 16:20:50 »
A bug you say... Must remember to take few pictures of the north Islands before it joins Atlantis after 1.03  ;)

Thank's for all the help though. Especially the config file. I will experiment with it and see if I can make something useful around here for a change. Again: Many thanks.
OFPEC | Intel Depot