Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: co 8 - Curse Silver  (Read 1652 times)

Offline syrion

• Members
co 8 - Curse Silver
« on: 13 Jul 2009, 09:09:44 »
This is my first completed mission for ArmA 2.  I'm new to the entire BIS experience, so it's lacking some of the "fancier" trappings like animated introductions, titles, and the like.  It's pure stock--but hopefully arranged in an interesting way!

Premise
After a misconfigured detonator sets off your charges prematurely, the entire district's Russian forces are on alert.  The original extraction plan is unworkable, so your only option is to work your way to the emergency extraction point, located in a small American firebase 3km to the east.

Screenshots

I hope you enjoy it!  All feedback is welcome.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2009, 09:11:24 by syrion »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: co 8 - Curse Silver
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2009, 04:38:24 »
Hi and welcome to OFPEC...

A couple of starter notes. Don't use spaces in the file name. Replace them with _.
Use versioning in the filename and in the mission name. This helps when you have multiple copies out there. It makes it easier for the people looking for the missions on servers and ensuring they have and are playing the latest version.
Include a readme with some description of the type of MP mission, does is have respawn? is there revive? how many player spots available, etc.
Include a picture for promotion in the zip file.

We gave the mission a couple of tries, we found that the respawn to crow really sucks especially at night time. Consider using norrins revive or any other spectating type script. (Not sure if its available yet) Or respawn to group. We never really got too far but so far it seems like a pretty standard mission. Choice of weapon would be nice as well.

Xbox Rocks