Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/COOP1-7] Dungeon & Dragon  (Read 2754 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
[SP/COOP1-7] Dungeon & Dragon
« on: 12 Jul 2009, 02:32:20 »
Dungeon & Dragon

Click here for custom teaser video [20Mb].

Designer: NomineSine
Version: 0.75 BETA
Built with: ArmA2 1.02.58134
Multiplayer: Up to seven players (COOP)
Single Player: Yes (no TeamSwitch)

Download ZIP-File attached to post!
Download mirror 1: RAR-format
Download mirror 2: RAR-format

Mission overview: Two small USMC teams, codenamed DUNGEON and DRAGON are inserted on Utes to conduct a routine patrol. Dungeon & Dragon is a multiplayer mission for ArmA2 where players are presented with challenges that they do not only have to handle in game, but also encourages them to address them  in a roleplaying fashion amongst themselves. Emphasis is on logistics, rather than action. Make sure your teams move in, execute their plan and extract at the correct time. Smokesignals and radio messages are not only important for the players' immersion. The AI will react to them as well.

Dungeon & Dragon is inteded to be the first part in a short MP campaign. The difficulty level of this first mission is quite low. It is also adapted for single play. Place it in Scenarios folderor MP Missions. Bear in mind though, that situations may arise in SP mode that the AI cannot handle equally well as a human player would.

Features:
* Custom sound and voice acting with a "Flashpoint Feeling"
* Dynamic briefing, developed in game
* Lots of eye candy for everyone who likes to wander outside of normal mission borders
* A bug or two that needs more attention

I would like BETA tests of the mission in MP as well as in SP mode. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2009, 15:36:06 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: [SP/COOP1-7] Dungeon & Dragon
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2009, 17:05:28 »
We're having some testings on this mission. So far, I like the idea of it, but I have some things to report too so far...

Is there any armory with firearms on the carrier ship? The only weapons we found were the shotguns in the UH1 cargo, and those aren't really good at longer distance battles, if at anything.

Also, if a player chooses the UH1 pilot slot and arrives at the village East of Utes, the cutscene starts, even for the pilot, which isn't good for his health because the chopper is uncontrolable then. You should only execute the cutscene for the cargo passengers. :)

I will post more feedback as we progress on the mission.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2009, 22:44:03 »
Is there any armory with firearms on the carrier ship? The only weapons we found were the shotguns in the UH1 cargo, and those aren't really good at longer distance battles, if at anything.
Yes there is. Look inthe cargohold below deck. I'm still not sureif I'm goingto mention this in the briefing or leave it as an easter egg for people who like to wander around looking for... easter eggs  
:D
Also, if a player chooses the UH1 pilot slot and arrives at the village East of Utes, the cutscene starts, even for the pilot, which isn't good for his health because the chopper is uncontrolable then. You should only execute the cutscene for the cargo passengers.

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. I will add a line that makes the script exit on theclient where the pilot is playing. That's exactly what BETA tests are good for. Well spotted.

::)
OFPEC | Intel Depot

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2009, 03:42:00 »
We gave this ago tonight...

Just some brief notes...
The JIP player had to go through the intro after it had been played for the other players.
The tasks list doesn't show me the full title of the task. See attached pic. I'm running on a smaller 19 crt, on my buddys 22" he could see the full tasks.
Both players started out with no weapons. we probably were supposed to pick some up on the ship or the helo but didn't notice until we had started.

This was a quick go at it, so not a full review. We'll try it again soon.
Xbox Rocks

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2009, 04:21:09 »
Shortening the task titles is easy. The JIP issue is almost solved. I just havent implemented it yet, because I want to test it some more first. The weapon problem isn't really a problem, if you visit the cargo hold below deck. I'll add a line about it in the briefing as well.

EDIT: I've now eliminated all bugs found so far from v. 0.75BETA, but the next version will not be released until I can find a foolproof solution to this annoying little problem.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2009, 16:13:56 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot