Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Head direction  (Read 1423 times)

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
Head direction
« on: 11 Jul 2009, 19:10:49 »
Is there a method to attach an object to the camera position of a unit's eyeline? I'd like to maybe make an addon that attaches laser-pointer like objects to the unit's weapon and also his eyeline, so I can see where the unit is looking, and where he is aiming. Red for aim, yellow for look. For testing purposes natch :)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: Head direction
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2009, 21:44:20 »
 i beleive you can attach to known memory points  attachto [unit[0,0,0]"memorypoint"], so if you can find one such as eye or camera  arma2 equivalent that may work.

I love ofp

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2009, 01:43:11 »
Thanks DeanosBeano :)

I can attach an object to various memory points, including ones called "aiming_axis", "camera", "Head", "Head_axis" etc, but although the object is indeed attached to what seems to be different points, the orientation is fixed to the entire body. So all of the above memory points result in an object that does not follow the head orientation.

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2009, 10:27:45 »
 Damn i was hoping to abuse that for my trailer and tractor addon for pulling tanks , i was hoping the mempoints direction would dictate ah well.
 For your problem you can set the vector of the attached object but you will need to get weapon direction and camera direction to set up some kinda sync , i know both mandoble and spooner did some work with these on arma1 , it may still be relevant in A2 take a look in A1 section mate i am sure you will find something there .
  Good luck with the Math :)

I love ofp

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2009, 14:52:50 »
Cheers :)

I'll look up that stuff & see if I can make use of it. It was only ever going to be a test tool to see if viewblock objects work (for smoke & hiding etc) but it would have been nice to see ingame units all looking about & aiming etc.