Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Limt Armory Access  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Cougarxr7

• Members
Limt Armory Access
« on: 07 Jul 2009, 17:06:13 »
Is there a way to limit/stop a class from accessing an armory.
The reason is, I would like to limit Pilots to a pistol only.
I know about the "removeallweapons" that can be used.But I think I need to be able to stop them from accessing an armory and changing their loadout.
It would be cool if it could be scripted to where if they try and access an armory they blow up. (he he)
Anyone know if this can be done?
Thanks!
If this thread is in volation of forum rules , please delete.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Limt Armory Access
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2009, 20:15:18 »
It can't be done (unless you want to kill them if they even stand near an ammo crate, and that is incredibly harse).

You need to use a scripted loadout changer rather than the standard crate (the contents of which are always universally accessible), so the player would see actions on the crate depending on his physical body class. Although I might suggest using my SPON Kits for this, it is probably a bit too complex for you to manage (since it requires a fair amount of scripting to use). The A2 port of SPON Kits will be significantly simpler, but probably not available for a good while. Other people might have better suggestions for you though...
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Cougarxr7

• Members
Re: Limt Armory Access
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2009, 23:40:00 »
Spooner, I thought it would be hard to do.
However how about this, I can make sure the pilots spawn/respawn away from all ammo crates. With pistol only.
Then use 2 triggers around the ammo crates. 1 big, 1 small.
The first trigger is a warning trigger with, "Unstable Ammo Ahead, Turn Around". The second trigger kills them with a big explosion.
That would keep them away from the armory crates, but not stop them from rearming off of a dead body, friendly or enemy.
As far as being "Harse" or "Harsh",  Pilots get to fly and flying is what they get.
Can the tiggers be done?,  easily?
Thanks
If this thread is in volation of forum rules , please delete.