Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HELP: HC + Team Switch +Respawn do not work in MP?? SOLVED  (Read 3429 times)

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
Hi everyone,

I have tried to search for an asnwer for these 2 MP questions but no obvious answer ..
 I made a mission and it worked perfectly while testing in editor. Exported to MP and then played nothing seemed to work as it did in editor ..

The problems:

1) Hight Command: HC Markers were no longer visible on map nor the ability to order squads into  specific formations/speed/combtat mode etc .. in editor all that was possible.

2) Team Switch: One of things I like about this game is the ability to switch between different units during battle. Which worked perfectly in editor. Again, same mission in MP I seem to have lost that ability to switch to other playable units under my command.

So what am I doing wrong? Why does it work in editor but not MP?

Thanks for in advance for helping shed light on this issue.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2009, 10:47:45 by CaptainBravo »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: HELP: High Command + Team Switch does nOT work in MP??
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2009, 21:36:24 »
Team switch was introduced as a SP feature only. If you poke around in the ArmA boards Wolfrug created some kind of work around for mp.

Xbox Rocks

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2009, 06:17:20 »
Teamswitch works in MP, I've used it recently.
I think respawn must be on 'side' for it work however.

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2009, 10:33:00 »
Thanks hoz. I was not aware of SP only for team switch.  I will look up for work arounds posted by wolfrug posted on here.
Out of curiousty, if team switch only works in SP, can you get player respawning to work in SP as well ? or is that only in MP??

Rommel92: How do you get team switch to work in MP? I have respawn to side and no team switch option is available (press y/u) ? Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2009, 12:44:19 »
SP automatically ends the mission when you die, so that rather prevents respawn. There is no reason, however, that you can't run a 1-player "MP" mission on a host machine to get access to respawn functionality.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jul 2009, 15:33:05 »
Thanks spooner. I guess MP is the way to go for respawn. It seems like there has to be a comprimise .. MP with respawn and no team switch or SP with team switch but no respawn.

I wonder if there is way to combine both as I have enjoyed playing larger mission where I get to switch between units but only to die 45 minutes into mission and no respawn!  >:(

I have searched wolfrug team switch and there was few posts on group not following leader issue after team switch but nothing about team switch in MP.

If there is a work around I hope someone will share.

Thanks in advance for the great help.

« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2009, 15:37:23 by CaptainBravo »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2009, 20:34:22 »
Thanks spooner. I have downloaded wolfrug mission and will look at it.

speaking of mp, I just realised my respawn is not working even though I followed what everyone else is doing.

I have a description file and in it I have:

class Header
{
  gameType = Coop;
  minPlayers = 1;
  maxPlayers = 10;
};

onLoadMission = "Devils may cry!";
OnLoadMissionTime = false;

// Respawn Settings
respawn=4;
respawndelay=5;

ShowGPS = 1;

Could you please point out what I am doing wrong?

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #8 on: 08 Jul 2009, 00:44:46 »
A mission isn't defined as SP or MP internally, but rather by how you start it. You need to start it as an MP LAN game (or from MP editor) since even with MP stuff like respawn defined in it, it will play as SP in the SP editor or starting as an SP game.

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jul 2009, 11:15:36 »
I exported mission in editor to MP game. It already had the description file in it before saving. Clicked on MP and chose LAN then selected mission. Still if my unit dies, no respawn.

I am sure it is something silly I missed but I have no idea what it might.

I have attached the MP mission here. If you get a chance to look at it and tell me what it is I missed I'd be highly appreciative.

Thanks.

Anyone???
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2009, 10:28:17 by CaptainBravo »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2009, 00:18:38 »
You are using "GROUP" respawn (I'd advise you to use "GROUP" rather than 4 as the value of respawn, since it is easier to recognise and wouldnt' have required me to look it up). Respawn is enabled correctly though, but in "GROUP" respawn, you respawn only into other playable characters in your group. In your mission, you have 3 playable characters, but each in different groups of AI, so you have noone to spawn into. You either want to use a different respawn type (e.g. "BASE") so that you can respawn into the same man indefinitely, or you need to make all the soldiers playable, so that the players can respawn inside their groups.

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2009, 10:45:13 »
Thanks Spooner, that has fixed the problem and spawn works great now.

Thanks again for your great help    :good: