Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Patrols seem "blind" at night?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline syrion

• Members
Patrols seem "blind" at night?
« on: 01 Jul 2009, 14:32:57 »
I have many patrols in a MP mission.  They follow various circuitous routes.  All are made using move/cycle waypoint routes.  All are "aware" and "open fire."  The APCs seem to react basically as you'd expect.  They don't notice much that's off the road, but, well, it's night-time.

Unfortunately, I have some insurgent technicals.  These things are idiotic.  I can stand in the middle of the road directly in front of them and they will not shoot me.  This is despite being close enough to them to be blinded by their headlights.

What gives?  How do I make them more sensible?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Patrols seem "blind" at night?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2009, 15:04:16 »
Hello and welcome to the forums. That depends entirely on how adept you are wth the scripting techniques used in ArmA2. If you are a beginner, the easiest way is to adjust the skill-slider of every unit in the editor. This makes them more perceptive, but also affects their accuracy to a deadlier level.

There are also scripts that enhances AI behaviour. Kronzky released an Urban patrol script for Armed Assault that can be downloaded from our Editors Depot. Open it up and see what he did to enhance the AI:s somewhat dubious intelligence. That script has also been converted to ArmA2, if you want to use it to it's full effect. You can download the ArmA2 version from Kronzky's home page.

Once more, welcome to the forums

:welcome:
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline syrion

• Members
Re: Patrols seem "blind" at night?
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2009, 15:06:55 »
Thanks for the advice!  I'll give it a look as soon as I get home.