Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Moving teams within a squad  (Read 2183 times)

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
Moving teams within a squad
« on: 24 Jun 2009, 15:41:59 »
Hi everyone,

I am new to arma 2 and so far love it!

One quick question I could not find an answer for ..

I assigned teams within a squad (green,blue,red). Now when I select team I do not have the option to move that team on the map?! I have to manually select members to get the option to move them.

Could someone please clarify how to move teams on map?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Moving teams within a squad
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2009, 17:12:46 »
Welcome to the Ofpec Forums. I'm at work without access to ArmA, so this explanation is from memory only. But you have my permission to shoot me in any MP game of your choice if it doesn't work  :whistle:

1) Press [SPACEBAR] an hold it for second or two.

2) You should now recieve the option to select TEAM, as far as I remember.

3) Or you can try to select the team you're after using the numerical keys. Use 9-1 for Team Red, 9-2 for Team Green. I havent tried that in ArmA2, but it worked in both predecessors, som I'm quite sure it's still there.

And to make this thread a bit more editing related (wich is actually required here at Ofpec), you may also define the groups frpm start by placing this in the initfield of any unit:

this assignTeam "RED"

The unit in question will then be marked oiff as a member of team Red upon mission start.

Once more: Welcome to Ofpec  :welcome:
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2009, 11:01:26 »
Thanks nominesine for your quick response and warm welcome! :)

I have tried it again but no luck. I can assign and select the teams fine but moving them is the issue. When I  select team (red team), you have no option of moving them. Now if I select team members indvidually (press corresponding F key) then I have the option of ''move there''. but to select red team as a team then try to move them is where the issue is.

Unless I am missing something ..

Let me know if you have tested and if it worked, how ???

Thanks again for your help.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2009, 12:20:26 »
This has nothing to do with editing the game, but since I initiated this discussion by giving you erroneous information it's only fair that we finish it. Here's how it works in ArmA 2:

1) Assign teams as you did before.

2) Press [SPACE] and hold it to open the command menu. Select TEAM with your mouse scroll wheel and a press [ENTER]

3) Select TEAM once again in the same way. You'll find it at the bottom of the command menu.

4) Specify what theam you wish to control with the numerical keys or the scroll whel (but don't klick the scrollwheel, just highlight the correct row):
  • 1 is Team Red
  • 2 is Team Green
  • 3 is Team Blue... etc

5) Point at the location you want to send your team too. It can be a hilltop, a house, a tree or just about anything you see on the map. Press [ENTER] or click the scroll wheel. Now the selected Team will start to move.

Pay attention to step 3. You must select TEAM twice. I suspect that was the problem, right? Good luck with your mission editing.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2009, 13:36:02 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline CaptainBravo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2009, 12:52:17 »
Thank you very much! I got it to work now. You were right it was selecting team twice in step 3 that I missed. Instead, I  was pressing 9 twice to select team.

Thanks again for your help.