Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animals scriptable ?  (Read 7360 times)

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Animals scriptable ?
« Reply #30 on: 16 Jul 2009, 02:19:54 »
PM sent :)

*edit*
Incidentally, an equally useful alternative would be a dog based off the Pastor class (as opposed to a dog crowbarred into a soldier class) but which has the ability to accept move commands. I don't know which way around is easiest, but I suspect that last one would be the most appropriate gamewise.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2009, 20:09:49 by DMarkwick »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #31 on: 16 Jul 2009, 20:31:43 »
 well , to be honest i am confused with the animal class , the playable animals the non groupable class etc. i believe we are at a disadvantage being pioneers ( but is that not the fun).

Anyway good news i fixed the problem .
 Bad news the fooker can actually get in the thing (and drive if he choses lol).

i have this problem when i run the mission , is it something i am doing or do you get it ?

I am using an english language patc on the latest patch 1.02 + last beta.

Code: [Select]
Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female03\ru\report\movementto.wss', header cannot be loaded.

I love ofp

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #32 on: 16 Jul 2009, 20:34:18 »
LOL.. i want to see a cow driving a tractor....

:D

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: 16 Jul 2009, 20:42:20 »
Anyway good news i fixed the problem .
 Bad news the fooker can actually get in the thing (and drive if he choses lol).

Heh, well I guess it will be easy enough to kick the dog out of the driver's seat etc :D good job there.

i have this problem when i run the mission , is it something i am doing or do you get it ?

I sometimes get those, I think it's when something else is doing something wrong but is not the sort of error that is flagged directly. It's a sort of indirect effect I think. It comes & goes with me. When everything else works fine, they go away. It might be a consequence of developing in a mission that has a civilian module loaded up.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2009, 21:49:37 by DMarkwick »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #34 on: 16 Jul 2009, 20:59:10 »
Pm sent with the changes mate , hope you can make something from if you want i could spend some time so it is like an actual unit and more commandable so you wont need to attach it.
 good luck
DB
 I will post the config in the appropriate section when you have fully ttested it so others can learn from it if they wish.

I love ofp

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: 17 Aug 2009, 22:50:40 »
Hello gentlemen!

I am curious if you had any progress on the scriptable dogs... because what I would like to do is a mission where the player has to defend a village against packs of rabid dogs.
So the dogs should be able to move together in formation, follow waypoints and get close to soldier units while damaging them.

Do you think there is any solution for this setting?

Cheers

Mathias

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #36 on: 18 Aug 2009, 08:22:59 »
Laggy has workinging dogs in the Behind Enemy Lines mission. They are used as tracker dogs. No attacks. The mision is pending in the Missions Depot (MP section).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!