Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tutorials  (Read 1842 times)

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
Tutorials
« on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:51:58 »
Hello Ladies and Mostly gentleman

There is perhaps already a string for this but I thought I would ask and have a fresh line of info here.

I am hungry for knowledge. Like so many others I put Arma down for a long time and even then never really did any scripting. I have been at this for a week or 2 now and am off to a great start. I was wondering if you guys had some links to some of your favorite tutorials that have help you folks get to where you are in the scripting world. Anything is helpful to all of us Noobs begging you for answers.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2009, 10:42:23 »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2009, 12:20:58 »
Seriously? The absolute best way to learn is to play a mission, and then open it up and look at it. This way you can see the scripts, waypoints, triggers, etc. in action. You can then copy and paste that script into your own mission folder, make some adjustments and see what effects those changes have in game. Use this method combined with the biki and/or comref here on our sitemap and you will soon grasp an understanding of how things work behind the scenes.
Might I also add that playing other missions can help inspire you to even greater heights. Happy editing.