Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW COMPLETE]  (Read 21425 times)

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Re: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW PENDING]
« Reply #60 on: 02 May 2011, 12:55:44 »
Quote from: Walter_E_Kurtz
I'd be inclined to throw a piece of raw meat studded with tranquilisers to the guard-dogs at the Addons Depot. They might be persuaded to host the addon pack in its entireity, though it should really contain the readmes.
Thank you! :)
Just tell me what are the expectations and I will assemble the package accordingly (whether it should contain only the missing addons, or the entire pack).

Quote from: Walter_E_Kurtz
Additionally, it might be possible to edit the Boxer model. According to this thread it may be free to modify.
Good to know, but apart from simple re-skinning, I have no experience in addon editing. :(

EDIT: If the LOD-displacement is annoying for the most of you, I'd be happy to replace the occurences of the Boxer to a blue BIS-Skoda, or any other stock vehicle that can fulfill the same purpose. This way, we can get rid of a somewhat buggy addon and you guys don't have to host it on OFPEC. :)
« Last Edit: 02 May 2011, 12:58:22 by JohnBart »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #61 on: 02 May 2011, 16:49:40 »
The LOD was certainly a pain in the rump in more than one mission (prison break and ambush) BUT replacing that boxer with something else would also cause you to have retake several overview photos. If you're up for that task, than by all means, go for it. I just dislike creating more work for you when the testing is through.
You could always attempt an upload at ofp.info(perhaps Rellikki could provide some insight on what they accept)

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #62 on: 02 May 2011, 21:56:36 »
Thanks for the tip, I'll ask him!

UPDATE: Peugeot Boxers have been replaced with police and military BRDMs, while the ZU23 can be downloaded from OFP.info. Rellikki told me they might be able to host the police Cessna + Skoda Rapid on ofp.gamepark, but I haven't come around yet to send him the stuff, I'll do it tonight. I also give another playthrough for the campaign to make sure nothing went awry, then upload it with the list of changes. Hopefully, I can do this tonight, too.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2011, 09:24:09 by JohnBart »

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #63 on: 10 May 2011, 23:05:26 »
Version 1.7 is up! Sorry for the delay...

Mehanic's Lada and Peugeot Boxer have been removed altogether from the campaign, and I also decided to apply a couple of smaller fixes besides this. Check the bottom of the first post! :)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
The review is ready but I'll need to retest the campaign to ensure you haven't unintentionally broke something. Hopefully we can get this one added to the depot soon.

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Again, thank you for your continuing help and extensive QA. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Okay, the campaign plays better with the removal of that boxer, particularly that prison break mission. I also noticed the other changes. The only other error I spotted was at the conclusion of the campaign; as if it was looking for the next mission to go to(.lost) but couldn't find it. It's no big deal though, You can fix it if you like and then upload a new version for me to add to the site archive or we can add this one as it is since it does not prevent completion. What say you?

ALSO: I need a working link to the addons for
  • Intruders Police Cessna and Sports car
  • AKM74's ZU-23 Static AA

« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2011, 21:56:00 by savedbygrace »

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Well, the return-to-menu bug has been present in the campaign from day one and to be frank, I have no idea how should I tweak the campaign description.ext to get rid of it. Also, I'd rather not unPbo the whole stuff (then dePbo and test) again to remove a minor bug.  ::)

The ZU-23 is available here, while Intruder's police vehicles will hopefully also find their way to OFP.info. I asked Relikki to help me out in this matter, I hope to receive his approval soon. :)

Again, I cannot thank you enough the dedication you gave to this campaign's Q&A. The least I can offer in return is actively participating in OFP/ArmA2 mission testing here to the best of my abilities - I hope I'll find enough free time besides working on my ArmA2 campaign... ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
The link you provided does not work. I checked the BIS forums and found a thread where a member provided a link to the addon but it's direct from a server that requires a username and password. I posted in the thread to get some help and we'll see where that goes.

I also depboed your campaign and compared the config with other campaign configs and found where the mistake was made. The attached image will show where it was. I added the required text(surrounded in red) and exported it and it ends correctly now. I'll use that pbo but keep the version number the same.
Just so you know, every class within the campaign class must have those endings regardless of whether it is a chapter or mission.

The BIS forums may take too long to reply and so OFP.info may be your best bet for hosting those two addons.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2011, 22:53:26 by savedbygrace »

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Thank you very much for the info, and thanks for fixing that small glitch!

The addon download error is most interesting, I could download the ZU23 from that link yesterday, but could not from my office workstation. OFP.info has a news item about it here, but it seems the link is unreliable (worked for me on Firefox, didn't work on Chrome). I'll ask the OFP.info staff about this matter right away.

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Just for your information, there's a newer version of the ZU-23 available here. It's good to always have the latest versions possible to avoid any possible bugs, so you might want to update your links. :)

Offline JohnBart

• Members
Thanks Relikki! :)
But will the campaign work with a newer version of the addon?  ::)

Anyway, kudos to Relikki for uploading the addons in question to OFP.info. They are located here (will update the first post as well):

Intruder's Police Vehicles (ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/INT_Police_Vehicles.rar)

AKM74's ZU-23 (v1.0 version) (ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons/ZU-23-2_final_v10.exe)

According to my experiences, the links do not work under Chrome, only on IE + Firefox!

Fixed ftp links - bedges

EDIT: Also fixed in original post. Thanks bedges, please send me a Self-FacePalm for starting ftp links with http tags. :D
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2011, 09:26:14 by JohnBart »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [OFP] [SP] [RESISTANCE] Everon Vice [REVIEW COMPLETE]
« Reply #72 on: 29 Jun 2011, 22:51:42 »
Review is complete. Find it here.

Offline JohnBart

• Members
« Reply #73 on: 30 Jun 2011, 10:53:31 »
Thank you very much for the detailed and fair review, and again, thank you for all the advice and recommendations I received here. :)

The cons listed in the review are certainly helpful, I will definitely look out for these for my next campaign! :)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #74 on: 13 Jun 2012, 00:14:43 »
I've not able to complete the first mission of this one. It's like the mission had not an ending.
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom