Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can you combine "AI Revive" with "Respawn=Group"?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline desertjedi

• Members
Can you combine "AI Revive" with "Respawn=Group"?
« on: 21 May 2009, 22:52:22 »
I played "The Road to Everon" and was not only very impressed with the mission but I really enjoyed the AI Revive function (I played solo).

I'm trying to find the best balance for revival/respawn for MP Lan games that I either play solo or with one friend. When I used to play on large co-op teams in Vietcong, no respawn (aka Team Respawn) was the rule and it was awesome. But playing as the only human has its unique challenges and no respawn in solo LAN means game over at some point. So far, my favorite method is simply "group respawn" with every soldier getting one and only one medkit.

But after seeing Norrin's AI Revive script in action, I definitely want to incorporate it into missions that I mod. Seeing that you can die with "Revive" when you run out of "lives" or don't get revived before the timer runs out, I'm wondering if you simply specified respawn="group" in the description.ext file, would you then respawn into an AI in your group? Or is this just wishful thinking and it just ain't gonna happen?

« Last Edit: 21 May 2009, 22:53:54 by desertjedi »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Re: Can you combine "AI Revive" with "Respawn=Group"?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2009, 07:40:03 »
Unfortunately revive it isn't going to work if you switch to "group respawn" in the description.ext as the revive function is essentially a trick (its all smoke and mirrors) that needs base respawn to work.  What your suggesting may be possible though if the Teamswitch script commands worked in multiplayer, however, last time I looked into it they caused ArmA to crash to desktop in MP.  Anybody else have any luck with these in MP games?   
« Last Edit: 22 May 2009, 08:11:05 by norrin »

Offline desertjedi

• Members
Re: Can you combine "AI Revive" with "Respawn=Group"?
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2009, 16:56:47 »
That's kinda what I thought as I could see that "base respawn" was involved. Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it from "The Man".  :cool2: