Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: After the ArmAII release ?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
After the ArmAII release ?
« on: 19 May 2009, 23:20:36 »
Hello dear forum staff and many sincere thanks for a great site  :-*
Really wish I could have a beer with all of you some day, milk for any straight edgers or under agers of course ;)

Sitting in between ArmA editing sessions I suddenly got a question in my head:

How will OFPEC change (if at all) with the release of ArmAII ?
Will there be 3 game sections instead of 2 as it is now ?
Or will one of the two (OFP or ArmA) disappear from the forum ?

What's your opinion on ArmA vs ArmAII ?
My feeling is that most people will abandon ArmA when ArmAII is released.

This, because even though ArmA was a visual and "script function" upgrade, it always felt kind of uninspired and rushed through. It could never compare itself with OFP in terms of genuine feeling and atmosphere, but this (as it seems) will change with ArmAII. CWR which I haven't tried yet looks really good and maybe that mod is what will keep ArmA alive.

So... what will happen  :whistle:

Sincerely,

Curious Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: After the ArmAII release ?
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2009, 00:29:36 »
Details are being worked out and to elaborate at this point would be premature. If your concern is in regard for the support of former versions, I can state with confidence that we have every intention of accomodating the new arrival while not neglecting the existing ones. Your current projects are still :good:

Offline firegraphite

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2009, 08:08:13 »
Yeah, I agree. For me, ArmA didn't really go well. Been able to play it on a friend's PC a bunch of times. But never really got me hooked. Graphics quality aside, OFP is still much superior.

And I noticed that most guys here are all about ArmA and ArmA II, but I never seemed to have come across discussion about OFP II... uhm.. would OFP II be incorporated here too? or (pardon the expression) is there some kind of boycott or something...?

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2009, 10:02:47 »
Well, the "problem" with OFP2 is that it is based on a different engine. So all the knowledge about the OFP/Arma (like scripting, modelling, mission making, etc.) that's been gathered in the last 8 years is useless for OFP2.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }