Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission debugging - Where to find the RPT file? -- Solved  (Read 1549 times)

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
Hi erverybody
In some of my missions I experience CTD after save game. I rebuild one from scratch cause I have the bad habit to copy and paste units to gain time during the mission editing. At first I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I copy units . . . so I rebuild the mission. Still CTD after save game. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? :(
Now I've read on the PMC Tactical Wiki about the RPT file which is created when game CTD. Put where can this file be found it might help me to debug the mission.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
nettrucker

p.s. My apologies in case I posted in the wrong section.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2009, 00:07:35 by nettrucker »

Offline nettrucker

• Members
Re: Mission debugging - Where to find the RPT file?
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2009, 08:56:45 »
Hi Kju
thanks for the hint. Hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.
Cheers
nettrucker :D

edited today: 22.11

I had a look at the wiki links you posted, but I'll be damned if I found the file: I watched everywhere no trace to be found.
I just loaded the mission and it CTD. I went to my Arma/userfolder wich is not located in my BIS folder. I searched everywhere but couldn't find the RPT file. I used my computer search. no rpt file found on my computer. this is really strange.  Had once again a look at the path indicated in the wiki couldn't find a trace of the rpt file.
well without rpt file no mission debugging I guess.
 :dunno:
« Last Edit: 18 May 2009, 22:13:21 by nettrucker »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Mission debugging - Where to find the RPT file?
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2009, 06:42:42 »
Dunno if you have found a solution yet, but:

The Biki fails to mention that for example in Vista (and in 7) the AppData folder is a system folder and thus by default it is hidden. Can't remember if it was hidden in XP.

If you don't want to tinker with the OS settings you can open the Start menu and in Vista/7 type in the Search field:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA

Or in XP Start menu -> Run and type in the field:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA

You can also create a shortcut on your desktop for example, right-click -> New -> Shortcut and in the next field add C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA\ArmA.rpt

Alternatively, and a bit more useful: you go in that C:\Users\<username>\ folder (not in any ArmAsomethinhsomething folder), select Organize -> Folder and search options (in Vista/7), select the View page and find a setting "Show hidden files, folders and drives", select it and hit Apply.
Now you should see a more lightly colored folders in there, one of them is the AppData folder.
Now you can access the rest of the file path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA

The <username> is your PC username, not your ArmA user name btw..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline nettrucker

• Members
Hi h-

sorry for my very late reply, but I'm so damn busy with real life issues that it takes me some time to get back. My sincere apologies. I'm on XP still. I found the rpt file after I set my ArmA folder to the right path in application Data and after the first CTD experienced I was finally able to locate the rpt file. I had a look at it but I was as clueless as before. I had more or less 8 Mod folders in my Arma root directory. Well I did some extensive testing and I found out that also older missions which had no problem whatsoever, started to CTD. Now since I had everything organized in Mod folders I thought it couldn't be the reason for CTD. The problem was getting worse from day to day and it was exasperating. In the end I opted for a clean and fresh new install of ArmA. I removed all the mod folders and installed ArmA new on my hard drive. For the time being it seems to work, but for being sure I need still some time testing different things
Anyway thanks for your support which I really appreciated.
Keep up your outstanding work on OFPEC.
best regards
nettrucker

p.s. BTW your name didn't show up under last replies to my thread therefore I was convinced that noone answered so far.
 :D