Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma of the Future  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Electroself

• Members
Arma of the Future
« on: 16 May 2009, 08:26:46 »
I've been thinking of what ArmA would be like in thequite distant future, well if the BIS staff were still at it in their 90s or something.

I would just like your opinions on when you think, technologically this would be feasable......and what else you'd like to see in the game..... named,say, ArmA Global?

Imagine that there can be infinite AI...
The map for offline / online play by default being a Google Earth captured Map. Yes....The whole world! (or maybe by Continent!)
The ability to invade countries. Either by Air, sea, checkpointed border control. So really, you COULD create that mission where you HALO in to another country for some real life recon...

Anyway, the list would go on....if you want to add what you'd love to see, without doing it for real, it'd be cool

What would you like to see, and when do you think it would happen?

Offline firegraphite

• Members
Re: Arma of the Future
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2009, 05:44:00 »
Hmmm.. Future...

The BIS dudes gets some kind of advanced and highly effective anti-ageing treatment and still making great games. LoL..

The game would be called OFP Galaxy or ARMA galaxy and would probably run thru a new console that has a sort of wii-like device that can be transformed into the form of a gun. and monitors are replaced totally with Virtual Reality goggles. You are really in the game's environment now.

As OFP Galaxy would go intergalactic It would be a new theatre of war. Countries would have colonized other planets, moons, asteroids, and have built bases and space stations. New weapons and new tactics have to be developed or would have been developed. There'd be jumps from planet to planet using spacecrafts or even spaceports and stuff. Battles on moons, space stations, fortresses or even free space with space infantry wearing special gear for such environment. Not to mention, it would basically cover all known types of terrain and environments. Space, land, underwater, ice, desert, volcanoes, black holes, etc..

And it would take an immense amount of programming work to put that together. The variation of physics in the different environments, mapping of entire planet systems and even stars and constellations, and editing would be even more a headache than before. the AI would be so advanced that it may even think a waypoint assigned to it to be unsound and decides to take a different course of action altogether. LoL!

Ey, enough, enough... don't listen to me.. i'm crazy. hehehe!!