Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: german bike and sidecar  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Electroself

• Members
german bike and sidecar
« on: 05 May 2009, 21:43:57 »
Hi, Im new to the board but usually appear othe places.

I just have a quick question. I think I know the answer but I dont know yet. I understand that the HMMMV can have a machine gun on the roof, so whilst driving, it can be fired. Does the principle stay the same for an old german bike and sidecar? By this i mean like the attachment? If I add a machine gun, would it be the same principle?

Thanks in advance

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: german bike and sidecar
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2009, 13:00:35 »
Welcome Electroself !!  :good:
Myself never tested if the Motorcycle class allows you to have a Turret built in, but ..... well, its a 3 wheeled motor bike, so in reality youre likely able to class it as a car/HMMMV anyway and that definitely will allow you to animate your MG on the bike sidecar.
I cant see any real simulation down-side to making a bike+sidecar the same class/simulation as a 4 wheeled vehicle.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2009, 13:02:39 by Gnat »

Offline Electroself

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2009, 14:03:37 »
well the uh-1 has three wheels maybe i should just copy the config over from that!!! You never know....those pesky Nazi's may have had a secret project for flying bikes???

Am I even allowed to say that???

lol

Offline modEmMaik

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2009, 23:23:12 »
Hmm... flying bikes  :D

Well, about the config. You may use a car as base type, when running into troubles. I think that simulation="motorcycle" may include the "wheely"-style (front wheel in the air during accel) driving only as option to the simulation="car".