Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Village of the Damned (COOP20), Please Beta test  (Read 3648 times)

Offline dale0404

• Members
Village of the Damned (COOP20), Please Beta test
« on: 05 May 2009, 20:57:59 »
Title: Village of the Damned

Author: Dale0404

Mission Version: 1.0

Download:  http://www.fileplanet.com/199590/190000/fileinfo/Village-of-the-Damned

Story:  

Gents, the Iraqis and their Russian friends are at it again.  They have decided to over run a village and make it into some sort of stronghold.  We dont know why they are doing this but we need to eliminate them ALL.  To make this happen the heirarchy has sent in a team of personnel to eliminate the threat so that the Iraqi civilans can return to the village without being scared that this could be their final day.

Gametype: COOP
# of players: 20
Required Game/Patch: ArmA 1.16
Addons:
   Queens Gambit (2gb)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4443    (A.C.E 1.07)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525    (Avgani Iraq and Afghan village)

Please be gentle!! This is my first ever mission I have submitted for Beta test, it aint the best coding wise but it works!

Edit:  Changed from Review to Beta test.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2009, 16:03:35 by dale0404 »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Village of the Damned (COOP20), Please review.
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2009, 21:05:01 »
Welcome Dale. Just as an fyi, you may not get alot of response with missions which contain alot of addons. Also if you expect people to review/beta test your mission consider providing some feed back to other peoples missions. I see you've got the topic set to Please Review is your intention for a review or a beta test?
Xbox Rocks

Offline dale0404

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2009, 21:09:59 »
Hiya mate and thanks for the welcome.

To answer your question, err both I think. 

Obviously like I said this is the first mission I have submitted and I want all the feedback I can get to be honest.  I do not know about creating scripts but I have put in quite a few scripts from other players etc. 
I really want to improve my mission making prowess so any and all feedback is appreciated.

The mission doesnt spawn any units, they are all there from the start (no lag though) because I dont know how to spawn units by the use of a trigger and/or a script but I will learn!

Cheers.

Dale

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2009, 23:25:07 »
If you don't know the difference...

Beta is we give you suggestions on how to make it better. As you are the creator/editor it is up to you if you use all or part of our list of suggestions.

Review is when we give it a score from 1-10, 10 being greatest. I don't think we ever had a 10, but I have heard rumors lol.... We are very nit picky even in the spelling on your briefing/notes.

Like hoz said, the less addons you have, the more likely it will be beta or reviewed. I am boycotting ACE and their team and I have not had friendly confrontations. Hope someone else will jump on it.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline dale0404

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2009, 15:52:22 »
I guess then I would like someone to beta test it.

I will put it up for review after I have made the improvements that are suggested.  I am sure there will be many!! lol

Btw, what is wrong with ACE?  Ok there are a couple of things I dont like about it (running for 20 metres and collapsing for 1, too many weapon choices for another) but overall I think it improves Arma