Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating Environmental Sound FX  (Read 1270 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Creating Environmental Sound FX
« on: 19 Apr 2009, 22:01:50 »
Hi,

Does anyone know how to do that?

For some reason I can only manage to create a trigger that plays the sound if the player enters it, this is very non-immersive since the sound starts abruptly and ends abruptly. It doesn't fade over distance like a sound source. Let's say I have a sound file "city ambience", I then want the sound to exist in the city and FADE NOT STOP when you move away from the city.

What I'm looking for is something that creates sources of sound with my custom sound files and which can be placed repeatedly through triggers. I don't know how to define it in .ext or even if OGG is supported in this case.

I don't want to use an "object say sound" on a script loop. I know how to do that.

Thankful for advice.

Laggy

And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: Creating Environmental Sound FX
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2009, 19:36:09 »
Anyone  :weeping:
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2009, 00:19:03 »
Search the OFP & Arma Editing/Scripting threads for "CfgEnvSounds" and "CfgSFX".

You'll need Class CfgEnvSounds or class CfgSFX sections in description.ext - I can't say I understand all the parameters myself.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2009, 00:32:07 »
Thanks, will do  :D