Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MP Objective Help  (Read 1734 times)

Offline trooper543

• Members
MP Objective Help
« on: 13 Apr 2009, 18:22:35 »
Hi there all

I have been trying to get my head around the MP Objectives and have read a few of the threads already posted, which has been intresting but it has also led me to confussion.

Ok i have a mission where there are 4 Obejectives (Mission Targets) I have used the Arma Edit tool to create the breifing and the objectives as required.

On the map i have my four triggers (Obj_1 etc)

Obj_1 is visible from the begining - However the trigger looks like this:

Condition: !(Alive Tank)

Act: "1" ObjStatus "Done"; "2" ObjStatus "Visible"; "2" ObjStatus "Active"; "2" setMarkerType "flag1"; hint "Missionsplan updated!"

My Question is how do i get the marker to show up after each objective has been completed. For example Obj_1 is completed and now Obj_2 becomes visible and active, how do i get the marker to show where objective 2 is?

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Re: MP Objective Help
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2009, 19:23:01 »
A little confused as to what you're actually asking, so forgive me if I've missed the mark...

The best way (at least, that I know of) to hide markers before you want them is to move it to the inverse co-ordinates, then just move it back when you want to.  This saves you having to create them, or make resize them, or whatever.

You can move the markers to their inverse locations (setMarkerPos) by using the following in the init.sqf (for each marker):
Code: [Select]
"marker" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "marker" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "marker" select 1)];
(make sure to only execute this on the server in MP)

Then, simply move them back by doing the same thing again.

As a side note: "VISIBLE" isn't a valid value for objStatus... you want "ACTIVE".

Offline trooper543

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2009, 19:25:54 »
@JamesF1

Many thanks for this Mate

I will try this approach

Cheers

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2009, 01:31:51 »
I find it more logical to use the empty marker when placing them (which is invisible in-game, but visible in the editor) and then set the marker type to one that is visible when it is needed.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2009, 01:32:58 »
That's an exceedingly good idea...  Shows there's always something extra to learn  :good:

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2009, 03:31:45 »
To add to what Spooner mentioned here is an example of a trigger that completes the first objective then "reveals" a new objective marker on the map.
HEre is what you should have already placed in the editor:
Markers:
OBJECTIVE 1: place a marker ICON, Name it "mrkr_obj1"  at the tank's location, TYPE: Dot, RED,
OBJECTIVE 2: place a marker ICON, Name it "mrkr_obj2"  at objective 2's location, TYPE: Empty

TRIGGER:
TRIGGER NAME: trgr_obj1
CONDITION: !(alive tank1)
ON ACTIVATION: "mrkr_obj1" setmarkertype "empty"; "mrkr_obj2" setMarkerType "dot";  "mrkr_obj2" setMarkerColor "ColorRed";

The above trigger makes the marker for objective 1 invisible when its completed then reveals the marker for objective 2 in red when "tank" is not alive.

Hope that helps
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance