Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP/COOP/A.C.E.] 1-10 Combat Search and Rescue [TEF]  (Read 9048 times)

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
Re: [MP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 TEF Combat Search and Rescue
« Reply #15 on: 20 Apr 2009, 10:40:08 »
The custom sounds took me a while but i think the opening sequence sets the mood. I can add more but I don't want the file to be too big. I guess it is a matter of balancing each ogg file's sound quality.

I will add some peripheral stuff (boats, vehicles, etc) in some towns etc in case of the CSAR bird going down with no secondary bird necessary. Will notify when it's available. Any other suggestions? This is good stuff.
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2009, 05:52:19 »
We finished the mission tonite, 2 of us in 18 mins. I think the rides back to the base should have some appropriate radio chatter and I think because the mission is fairly basic you could use a short intro/outro.

When getting the second guy over land, we didn't receive hardly any resistance. On the way back we were attacked by the roaming uaz's and we almost ran out of fuel but we made it. :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #17 on: 25 Apr 2009, 12:11:46 »
Hi Jackal,

Tried this last night with two players and we really like the idea and mood.
It is a kind of mission that really differs from all the standard infantry/tank seize and hold missions.
The briefing and atmospheric sounds were well done and really helped the immersion.

We flew in pretty much straight ahead (me as mission leader and door gunner) and found the F15 pilot by the orange smoke. That's when the going got tough.

As my pilot was trying to pick him up the enemy boats showed up and unfortunately I was positioned at the wrong door gun side. Before I managed to react and change door gun the blackhawk was caught in a hailstorm of enemy fire that broke all windows and killed me instantly :weeping:

My fellow pilot survived but soon realized that he alone would not be able to pick up the F15 pilot AND keep the enemy forces away. As he (in panic) turned the chopper around he shouted a sad "Sorry old chap !" to the poor bastard in the water and flew away with bullets swarming all around.

Not the most noble thing to do, but realistic  :scratch:

Will try this next session with more players hopefully  :whistle:

Suggestions:

The mission can be quite (too) hard for let's say 2 players and if there is no technical reason for it I would enable the AI for other group members. This will make the mission more flexible in terms of players numbers. I can understand if you don't want respawn, but AI that can mount i.e door guns :whistle: would make sense.

A small intro like Hoz is saying would also be nice.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 12:17:20 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 25 Apr 2009, 15:24:52 »
Enabling the AI in this mission would also help with providing some gunners when playing with just a couple of players.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
« Reply #19 on: 26 Apr 2009, 05:39:25 »
Laggy and hoz, thanks for the feedback.

Enabling the AI in this mission would also help with providing some gunners when playing with just a couple of players.
I think I disabled the AI because I didn't want players having to deal with JIP and updating all new players with variable statuses etc. It was simpler to just have whoever was present start together. I suppose there could be something added where if no human player is in the gunner #1 gunner #2 spots that AI automatically spawn at mission loading to take over those duties.
When getting the second guy over land, we didn't receive hardly any resistance.
This is where the mission is supposed to get intense but the way the enemy is laid out they don't seem to be presenting much of a challenge it seems. If i tossed a shilka in nearby it would be too much I think. This part of the mission was supposed to be almost too intense where sometimes you would give up landing at WSO and instead insert fellow teammates to fight their way in, get him, then have human pilot pick them up when things lightened up. Got any suggestions to get his to work better?

Your help and suggestions have turned objective 1 into something fun and unique so thanks for that. I am also in process of adding "alternate" transportation back in case your chopper is shot to hell at objective 2. I was even thinking of populating pita airfield with enemy but am trying to keep server performance a priority. anyone know of a good area spawn script that isn't just a bunch of AI waiting to be shot? Something more realistic?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 26 Apr 2009, 06:27:55 »
You could add some randomness to the location. The objective at sea doesn't matter that much. but the second objective. you could switch it up by adding  3 random locations all within the same general location. I noticed some deep valleys near by which would maybe make it more difficult.
Xbox Rocks

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2009, 03:19:32 »
I was testing out mando hitching this evening. And it includes this HUD for picking up objects. I immediately thought of this mission. You should download and have a look atleast.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2009, 09:34:48 »
Hoz,

i have been away for the last week but i intend to implement the improvemnts as you suggested. I do have both downed objectives on random placement radius of like 700-1000 meters but the game seems to always put them in the center of this circle. instead, i might set up a series of game logics and have a script randomly choose say 1 of 4 locations and place the objective there with all related triggers. that may be more reliable for giving the mission some randomness to the players.

as far as the mando hitching, i will look into it.

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
Re: [MP/COOP/A.C.E.] 1-10 Combat Search and Rescue [TEF]
« Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2009, 12:02:23 »
*BUMP*

This mission has now been resubmitted as an A.C.E. mission (v2.00) with selectable revive. (I do not know when the non-ACE version will be released.)

Please check the top post to see new enhancements. The mission has been tested using ARMA beta 1.16 and A.C.E. 1.09. Thanks to everyone who has submitted feedback.